Is it just me, or does this annoy you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 9:43 am

It's nothing personal. Rock shows are crowded places, so people bump into you when they walk by. It's no big deal.

lol! I'm guessing you wouldn't like mosh pits very much. :P

Personally, I don't mind being bumped into or touched. I certainly love to mosh!

archdude
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2008, 10:20 am

I hate bars and clubs that pack people in like sardines. I avoid them as much as I can and I have no idea why some people like to go to places like that.
As for concerts, I've mostly gone to jam band or soft rock concerts where the crowd is mellower. I like heavy metal and grunge to listen to at home or my car (at the volume I chose) but I don't have any desire to be part of the concert scene for those types of music.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2008, 11:58 am

People always push past me in crowds, in line, in the subway, etc. It's because I like to have some personal space, so usually there is some space between me and the next guy. Even more importantly, I think, it's because I'm not an assertive ass in crowds who sticks his elbows out and pushes he way past everyone. I find that in crowd scenarios, you either have to stomp on others or you will be stomped on. It does not come naturally for me to stomp on others, so I always get stomped on. Whatever. I just pity them, because they all look like blind robots to me, mindlessly pushing through the crowd to get the oh-so-precious last remaining seat on the subway. In a very Buddhist sense, all they see are their own desires at the expense of understanding that there are actual people with feelings all around them, and it's quite sad.

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 1:22 pm

I don't think that what you described is an 'AS' issue at all. Plenty of people get annoyed with others pushing past them and it is perfectly natural to get annoyed in situations like that.

I myself love rock concerts and go to every single one I possibly can - that's near me, of course, and that has bands I love. I am not bothered about people pushing past me, because I can tolerate it. However, I would possibly find it annoying if loads of people pushed past me at once. I don't mind a few, or even up to 50, but any more people might seriously annoy me.

So don't worry about it being an 'AS' issue, it's not!

:D

AlteredEgo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2008, 1:32 pm

When this happens to me a rage begins to boil inside...

I usually smile nicely though.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:20 pm

Ick, people pushing past me, shoving me out of the way and being squished to the point where I can hardly breathe, not my thing. Doing it once was enough. I'd rather stand towards the back where I have a little bit of space.