Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 10:22 am

Do You have nightmares often?
what ones do you remember and what was they about?
was they in color? could you taste or hear or feel in them?
Please describe them in detail,
maybe we have dream interpreters here, heh.

====================================

Lately I have been having many,
but I know what they are saying and are about,
and quite frankly I am getting sick of them.

====================================

I quit most all drugs over 20 years ago,
I drank now and then when life got its harshest,
mostly when I got overloaded with heartbreak and the like,
in the last 20 years I got into trouble three times for drinking,
and that all happened in the last 3 years,
now I am in a custody dispute, its almost over but it has been going on for over 7 months now,
if it was not for those incidences I would end up with primary custody hands down,
It looks like I may end up with primary anyways but its been nothing but an up hill battle from the word go.
right now I am doing two years of alcohol testing and am on probation because of drinking,
taking all kinds of class's and AA meetings,
I gave my son my word I will never touch another intoxicants ever again, I am keeping my word forever.
but lately I been having nightmare after nightmare of drinking and getting into trouble and losing my child and freedom,
now I do admit now and then through all this I wished I could just curl up and hide from all the anxiety and stress,
but instead of reaching for that intoxicant I been going to counseling.
man it sucks.
============================================================================

I dream of wanting,, of getting what I want when I do, then having to pay the highest of consequences.
so yes, I know what the dreams are about and telling me,
but gees, I am getting sick of them, I got the point already.
anyone?
share yours please.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:56 am

I get nightmares often, but I think I might have old hag syndrome, so I blame that.

brokentoyland
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2008, 8:39 pm

When I'm stressed out, I have nightmares. They usually involve something to do with my husband... him abandoning me, acting cruely... even infidelity on his part. It's horrible. Then sometimes they're about a war scene. Where I'm running with some kind of weapon, just barely escaping death. Or I'm in a fist fight where I beat the snot out of someone. That's a rare one but it does come back now and again. I've even swung someone around by the hair, helicopter style and flung them :lol: So stupid. I hate fighting.
I hear and feel in my dreams. Don't ever remember smelling though but who knows. Everything is in color. Very detailed. Very intense. I often wake up crying.
I'd rather not dream, to be honest. Or at least remember the dreams. But I remember too much so that doesn't look like a posibility...

Joelsuf
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2008, 10:37 pm

I no longer remember my dreams, but i've been told i toss and turn in my sleep and make noises like i'm in some sort of discomfort (clearly having nightmares).

The last dream i can remember i was on a rollercoaster that broke down and as it flew into a sharp bend i was sent hurtling out of my seat and i hit the ground, rolled for a while and then slammed into a fence. I felt every bit of it and woke up after hitting the fence with a sore head and ribs, and my ankle felt like it had just been twisted. The pain cleared about 10 seconds later.

I would really like to find out why i seem to have nightmares every night, what they are, and whether or not it is related/the cause of my sleeping problems (i find it very hard to get to sleep, but when i do i can sleep for as much as 16+ hours, and i often feel extremely tired as though i hadn't slept the previous night).

AlteredEgo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2008, 9:17 am

There is hardly a night where I don't have some sort of nightmare.
If it's not a nightmare it's usually rather unpleasant.

My dreams are always in color.
I feel emotions in all my dreams and often wake up still feeling most of them.
**I am always either late, on my way to, or at work in my dreams.**
Something always goes wrong.
It usually ends with me fleeing or trying to deal with the aftermath of some horribly confused situation.
I usually go to the same "places" in my dreams. (I usually make up large cities, sometimes in really remote areas. They often have very unusual mechanical structures - like an elevator made from a large wooden box being pulled up by a rope on the ceiling; swaying back and forth...)
Although my dreams are based on some reality they often don't make a whole lot of sense.
I usually remember them but only for a few minutes unless they really affected me. I still remember numerous dreams that affected me, some from way back when I was a toddler.
They are always very vivid.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 10:25 am

Joelsuf wrote:
I would really like to find out why i seem to have nightmares every night, what they are, and whether or not it is related/the cause of my sleeping problems (i find it very hard to get to sleep, but when i do i can sleep for as much as 16+ hours, and i often feel extremely tired as though i hadn't slept the previous night).

You've just described insomnia. It's not when you don't sleep enough, it's when you do not have a regular sleep pattern.

Generally, as you age, the need for sleep decreases. The "eight hours a night" rule is wrong. You should not try to force yourself to do exactly that. The actual period needed is highly individual, typically from 6 to 10 hours, all the way down to 4 hours (Margaret Thatcher) or 20 minutes (my Kung Fu teacher, Lajos Jakab).

If you want to find out about your dreams, get an alarm clock, and wake yourself up every hour, through the night, and write down whatever you were dreaming. Strangely, this doesn't impair your sleep at all.