Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 9:23 pm

equinn wrote:
At times I feel like a real loser posting on this forum. I tell myself it helps to understand my son better, then I think what am I doing?

Most of you are kids (according to the poll)-I'm a professional, much older--anyone else relate?

I can't imagine anyone I associate with, my colleagues, posting on here.

Who are y'all? What do you do? Are you mostly students?

btw--it does help to read and understand patterns of thinking to gain insights into my eight-year old. Sometimes, admittedly, I find some threads hilarious.

thx--equinn

I'm 40 and I'm a business professional. I work for one of the largest media organizations in the U.S.

Yes, I let my hair hang down while I'm here, but this is the only place where I can post and feel like one of the crowd (whether I really am or not is unimportant). I probably won't be here much longer (my writers' forums are calling to me), but I've been enjoying my stay since I've discovered a community of people who are (mostly) like me.

There are a lot of kids here but it might surprise you to find out that probably half of the members here are over 30 (and that's just from glancing at people's ages listed beneath their avatars).

rifler39
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2008, 9:35 pm

I'm 69, so I probably have you beat in that department.

I have been a professional in several different fields. I just retired from the profession of herding kids.

I gained my paper (certificate) as an engineer without going to college, so I'm not degreed, but have worked in three different fields as an engineer.

I am a student, because that is one of my obsessions, that of learning.

I am still a professional, in that I teach in two different fields as an independent contractor/business owner.

I am here for the same reason as are you. I need to learn all I can about this field, even though it is for myself, rather than one of my children. I think I have learned as much (perhaps more) from the "kids" on here as from the "official," doctrate led sites. Hang in there, youngster. We'll grow on ya. :lol: :P :lol:

Pops