Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:14 pm

Anime drawings and writing. Although I haven't written any fiction in years, so I wonder if I'd still be good at it...

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:15 pm

yeah, that's another thing I can't do. :) writing. I can write essays and things, but stories are beyond me :S

ooo, I do write good poetry though. No one knows wherethat came from :D

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2008, 1:20 pm

Tetris. And writing.

But mainly Tetris.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 1:23 pm

ooo I love Tetris :) I used to play it in my head. :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 1:28 pm

I'm really good at video games.

I learn things really quickly.

Despite being clumsy as a child, I am very graceful now.

Thanks to working out, I am decently strong and my body is starting to take shape.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 1:47 pm

that goes for me too; it took me forever to learn basic balance skills, such as riding a bike. But now I enjoy biking more than anything! and I love to play videogames; I have developed the skill and reflexes as a teen that I didn't have as a kid.

REM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2008, 1:48 pm

None.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 1:55 pm

^brevity. :D

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2008, 3:13 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Another Talent.

Getting on people's nerves without even trying. :(

I'm pretty good at that one, too.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

Specter wrote:
I love art, and I admire anyone who can draw. :) but I can't sketch to save my life. :D

I feel the same way about music. I'd love to be able to express myself with music, like playing the piano or the violin, but nope. :?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 3:33 pm

Specter wrote:
ooo I love Tetris :) I used to play it in my head. :D

oooh, i dooo that tooo

talents,
- i speak three languages fluently
- painting, creating things (in real or on computer)
- talking in public (if i have subject that is, otherwise you can find me hiding somewhere)
- learning things from scratch and understanding the mechanisms of learning so that i can teach it
- sports(jogging, swimming, biking) far better than average but not in the least athletic
- being joyful

not good at
- administration
- living in an undisciplined and/or chaotic atmosphere
- knowing what to do with my talents
- pure social stuff
- writing and dealing with words

i'm also rather slow (especially to start something, once i know something i'm more like a jumping cat)

katanagash
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2008, 3:45 pm

-dance games (i.e. DDR, ITG, Pump It Up)
-video games

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 4:02 pm

Sophist wrote:

I feel the same way about music. I'd love to be able to express myself with music, like playing the piano or the violin, but nope. :?

I know. It seems like we all want to be able to do things that we can't normally do! I'm more on the logic side of the spectrum, but I'd love to be creative once in a while!! I can act, sing, and write poetry, but that's the extent of my creativity.

and as for videogames, I'm the master of Guitar Hero and DDR:D guaranteed. :D

I can play "Through the Fire and Flames" on Guitar Hero, expert, without looking, on top the guitar if necessary :D and with two hands on the frets during the two-handed sections.
:D

I'm trying to see if I can play Guitar Hero and DDR at the same time. :D :D :D

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 6:20 pm

Talent - Finding the root of a problem and finding ways to resolve it.

Drawback - Its very hard for me to explain to others how i reached my solution so they can understand why its important that ALL steps I outlined are needed to fix the issue not just the ones that would fix the effects of the problem.

Think of it as a 'family tree'. The latest branches are the most numerous but if you go back far enough they all end up in a common ancestor. That's how I find the causes of problems.. in multiple 'family' trees..simultaneously. I trace all routes back until I find things that affect each other and put 'steps' to fix them.

The problem is, I cant seem to explain well how fixing something way down there fixes something on a different family tree (on a much higher branch) well enough for NT's to realize WHY its important and DO it not ignore it.

Had several instances of this in my last job :( One was a very serious issue that at the time, was not making trouble for us but I went to my manager time and time again telling that dumb cow that if X thing was not changed it would explode into a huge problem later on. Of course, she did not see it as a problem... a year later it literally exploded in her face and rather than her losing her job for her incompetence the company instead had to fire more than a dozen low level employees to recoup the lost cash.

*sigh*

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 6:52 pm

Anything in involving abstract theories and patterns and using them to solve problems. When I find an idea I don't just see the idea itself but all the possibilities and implications as well. I am not just interested in "what is" in an empirical, scientific sense, but I am also interested in "what is possible" and "how can things be improved." In my mind the world is like a chunk of raw marble, ready to be carved and sculpted by my imagination.

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 7:26 am

Focusing on tasks for hours on end that would bore others to tears.
And Reading. From talking to people, I've determined that I probably read more books in an average year than most people will ever read in their entire lifetime. I read the entire Bible cover to cover in less than a week. And what I do is not what they call "Speed Reading" where you just skim through the thing quickly to get the gist of it. It's just regular reading, for hours on end, only stopping to eat and sleep (I take them to the bathroom with me). When I was 8 years old, I read a book called "The Robe" by Lloyd C. Douglas (over 500 pages), and did a book report on it for school. I think that was the point when they decided to have me tested to see if I was gifted.