Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Apr 2008, 5:33 am

Writing poetry.
I've been good at it since I first learn't how to write (which was about the age of 5).

Connecting with animals.
I'm not sure if this is a talent, gift or whatever it is. I do know, though, that I have been around so called "vicious animals" and they are completely calm with me.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 5:44 am

I assume this is in relation to the ASD:

I have an adequate memory for facts (he's a stereotypical one). I don't know what other "talents" the ASD has graced me with.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 6:32 am

Some history, astrology (ppl take it as weird)

Writing (since I can't communicate that well with ppl)

Research (I go OCD when I wanna find something out)

Drawing (Don't know if that's an aspie trait, another way of expressing myself without communicating?)

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2008, 6:48 am

Pretty much whatever I set my mind to be good at. :D

I do landscape design.
I'm great with "special needs" children
I write children's poems and stories
I'm very handy around the house, a regular Mrs. fix-it
I have amazing visual-spacial ability - organization is my forte'
I am a great seamstress but never have time to sew.

Oh, and I'm terrific at starting projects and never finishing them. I have 2 rooms that have been 1/2 painted for over 6 months, a bunch of sewing projects that my kids are too big for now, quilts that I've cut out and never sewed, I could go on and on and on.

I"m sure my husband would say that one of my strongest talents is spending money on projects that I'll never finish. Haha.

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2008, 7:09 am

I've got a good eye for film and art, and a good ear for music. I see that there are a lot of people here who also have that combo. I find this really good for filmmaking, which is one of my passions in life. I have a very vivid imagination. I also have good writing and math skills, although I don't really use these. In primary school I'd do all my maths unconsciously and write down the answer, but then teachers would tell me to show my working, but I didn't know how to do any working. So I had to adapt my way of thinking to the norm, making my maths much less efficient, and highly unenjoyable. I doubt I'll ever be able to work that way again; I think I've lost that ability over time. I'm alright at poetry in that I can make good rhymes and rhythmical flow of words, but I find it hard to create anything meaningful through this medium.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 9:09 am

Talent time topic

Cleaning. Reducing, reusing. recycling. Altering/adaptation to anything.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 9:37 am

Writing, editing, memorization of factual material and recall of information acquired through reading

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2008, 10:39 am

Language in all its forms. (I write, I pick up foreign languages like anything, I chameleon).
Cooking. I do it from intuition alone.

And memory... but I think that's more of an AS trait than a talent.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 10:42 am

I don't have a talent.

marlinsgirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

my talent is photography. I've been taking pictures since I was a kid. I have an natural ability to take pictures. I'm also good with animals.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2008, 5:52 pm

Logic. When combined with my great memory for facts and a passable imagination, my skills at utilizing logic allow me to perform great feats of reasoning. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to use logic to understand emotions and social interactions, and then the world will be in the palm of my hand. MUA-HA-HA-HA!! !

/megalomania

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

I am hilariously unfunny. That's a talent.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 11:03 am

Mine would be art. But many other people would have me include writing too.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 11:40 am

The things I'm good at:

Quote:
1. art: drawing (colored pencils, graphite, ink, markers), some painting, digital photography

2. analyzing the biological sciences: in essence, I'm a good scientist and skeptic and this will be my career

3. writing: mostly poetry though I haven't written much for some time; I would call it a talent but not one of my better ones

4. faces: I have a talent in recognizing people I've met or have seen on tv. I don't know that a career could be made from it, heh, but I certainly don't have the problem of face blindness :)

5. memory: I've got a good visual memory, though by no means eidetic

6. accents: I've got an excellent ear for languages (pronunciation, not necessarily learning them).

7. balance: I try to temper my scientific logic with social compassion ("try" is the operative word, I won't promise I'm always successful ;) )

8. self-awareness: this includes both awareness of my mind and also my body

9. modesty: this one's a joke, as evidenced by my somewhat long list above ;) :lol:

To temper my immodesty with some balance, I will list the things I'm definitely NOT good at:
Quote:
1. math: I'm fine with math on paper, but I have extreme difficulty doing it in my head; I can't hold multiple things in my head at once

2. reading: my reading comprehension is poorer than I'd like it to be. Especially the more abstract a text becomes

3. coordination: I have too much of a tendency to spill things or wear food. Sometimes I think there's something wrong with Physics and it isn't me at all :P

4. listening: Yes, I'm a bad listener.

5. cleaning: I won't say I'm bad at it, I just don't like it. So I'm bad at keeping up with stuff

6. cynicism: the more I become aware of the dirtiness of politics and business, the more this sours my general perspective of the human race, and so I am more negative than I'd like to be

7. narcissism: I am a closet narcissist. I am working to try and improve myself in this area. For one, accepting criticism gracefully and taking from it what I can without becoming defensive or avoiding its inevitability

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:08 pm

Another Talent.

Getting on people's nerves without even trying. :(

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:13 pm

aww, I'm sorry :( I think you're a lovely person :)

my talent is numbers :) always has been. I have an "above-average" vocabulary, and a knack for music, but I suppose that's pretty much normal here. I love numbers, and I can do just about anything you like with them. I like 0 the most, because it doesn't behave like the others; it can act differently in Trig, Calculus, or Algebra, depending on how you use it. I like pi, and how non-conformist it is, and can name the first fifty or so digits, on a good day. I pretty much have a reputation for being a human calculator :D
just about the only thing I can't do is art. :S I love art, and I admire anyone who can draw. :) but I can't sketch to save my life. :D

Last edited by Specter on 21 Apr 2008, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.