Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PooEhBxh0NY[/youtube]

Talk amongst yourselves...

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2009, 11:45 pm

no offense but i hope full on homosexuality (not bisexuality) dies out
like seriously AIDS is a sign that you done f*ked up and done something taboo, it's not right

but then again i dont really hate homo's just as long as they don't act or talk like a "Queen",

i respect "butch" homo's or Bi-s, that way you could hang around with them and it's not soo weird n gay

since people can be Bi im sure there is some funny buggers out there that would like to spread the thought that being Bi is like evolution of the race, which doesn't sound that much like bs with all these metro-poofs around these days, but still
they are homo's which is a tad wrong for my liking

i dont like it when a gay hits on you when you've made it clear you're straight, which has happened to me,
those happy go lucky wannabee converting gays make other gays look bad, and give straight people
a damn good reason to be homophobic

but anyways i'll admit Bi-s produce some mad music, almost all musicians are bi or curious whatever, so it's people like David Bowie that have shone a positive light onto bi people and i respect that, but it's people like that other musician (forgot his name) who is gay whatever and illegally had a slave or sum sh*t in his basement that SICKENS me

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 12:09 am

That's a strange perspective, I must admit... I don't think I understand all the qualifications you have on what is acceptable or not, in your opinion, although it seems to be a combination of cultural influences and personal discomfort with the actions of others. But I don't see being hit on by someone of the same gender any different than that of the opposite - either can be unwelcome or appreciated. What really struck me was the impression you have that AIDS is a 'mark' upon homosexuality, when it is a disease that does not discriminate in the fashion you appear to imply in your post. And sexual abuse is not the province of those attracted to the same sex - consider the older gentleman in the US who kept a series of female sex slaves for over a decade before finally being caught. Just a couple things to consider.

M.

Depeche Mode wrote:
So we're different colours,
And we're different creeds...
And different people have different needs.
It's obvious you hate me,
Though I've done nothing wrong...
I've never even met you,
So what could I have done?

I can't understand -
What makes a man,
Hate another man?
...help me understand.

People are people,
So why should it be?
You and I should get along so awfully...
People are people,
So why should it be?
You and I should get along so awfully...
...help me understand.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 1:56 am

Also, with my experience, it's usually the closeted guys who make the big fuss over "queens and their plummage".

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 4:01 am

I suppose it's like Autism, it's in your genes and you can't help it.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 1:52 pm

Daewoodrow wrote:
Well, i'm straight, so psychologically speaking I can't comment on what motivates it. The thing is, homosexuality, as you said, serves no purpose. In fact, it is couterproductive to your utimate goal in life, which is the preservation and continuation of your genetic code. As living organisms we serve no other purpose. I don't consider it a disease, and I certainly don't dislike homosexuality. In fact, i'd say I hold no opinion on the matter whatsoever. From a scientific standpoint, it's a disorder, either psychological or genetic, at present there is no way of knowing.
I know i'm going to produce some sort of moral outrage for saying this, but I do believe there is something wrong with a person who is homosexual, I just don't believe they should be shunned for it. Afterall, it's none of my business what happens to another person's genetic code, and some people choose not to have children anyway irrespective of their sexual preference.

I'm straight, but you sound homophobic. To suggest that something is wrong with different sexual orientations is the same thing as saying it's a sin. You believe it's against the natural order of things when you make such statements. From their viewpoint, there would be something wrong with you (at least in your world mindset). And who the hell are you to judge somebody over how they are born???

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:46 am

pcuser wrote:
I'm straight, but you sound homophobic. To suggest that something is wrong with different sexual orientations is the same thing as saying it's a sin. You believe it's against the natural order of things when you make such statements. From their viewpoint, there would be something wrong with you (at least in your world mindset). And who the hell are you to judge somebody over how they are born???

Why are you commenting on something written in 2008? Do you the expect the guy to respond?

Secondly you completely misunderstood his post. He was talking about biological imperative, which has nothing to do with moral judgment, which he said he was neutral on.

The fact that others may have difficultly separating the two in their minds, doesn't make them the same.

Personally I think he could be wrong on biological imperative, becuase there are lots of mechanisms in play in the continuation of a species. What is a biological disorder actually open to question, and given it is present in many animals not least one of our closest relative (with not the slightest taboo), pulls into question the abnormality of it. It is unproven there is no biological mechanism, or motor at play.

There is a serious question of neutrality of asking this question. As political arguments both side need a particular reality to be true. This taints science, which should not concern itself with the moral arguments of sexuality. Personally I think more realistic hypothesis, you can be born with it, and also to a lesser of greater extent develop it too. It has been known for some time the sexuality isn't fixed, although it is also known that many people have a predominant sexuality and may be unlikely to shift.

Btw someone has asked if you are born with something, does it make it genetic? Well in fact it there are congenital conditions that are not genetic. That is not say this isn't genetic, simply many conditions can happen in your early development, such as gestation can influence the rest of you life too. You can't control this. Many conditions the genetic factor are indirect, it is sequence/chain of events. Last genetic conditions is often an encoded trait, there is rarely a single gene condition (but obviously easier to isolate once found).

Like I think Daewoodrow was getting at, who cares what people get up to consensually? That is a different question as to why it exists.