What is your Myer-Briggs personality type?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2008, 7:14 am

I got INTJ when I did the test a couple of months ago, but in my personal opinion I think I am INTx
I am also a massive procrastinator, which is an INTP trait

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:59 am

I am ENFP.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:39 am

petal wrote:
I got INTJ when I did the test a couple of months ago, but in my personal opinion I think I am INTx
I am also a massive procrastinator, which is an INTP trait

IMO many INTJs will be mislabeled as INTPs by on-line tests because many of the J answers in the P vs. J questions in such tests (such as no procrastinating and having a very clean home) are more oriented towards SJ types rather then NJ types. This was why I thought I was an INTP for a long time.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:45 am

ISTJ

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2008, 5:10 pm

INTP

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:27 pm

Jaded wrote:
ISTJ

Moi aussi.

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

20 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

I don't put much stock in psychologists and their stupid standardized tests, frankly. Too much of it doesn't take into account neurodiversity and the unique individual characteristics of each person, or a lot of conditions they might have that are not exactly in the mainstream but aren't "abnormal" or "wrong", either. I think standardized testing, including so-called "personality" testing, is almost all BS and am sickened at how much it's taken over everything in this society. You cannot quantify an entire unique indivual with just a few stupid tests, and especially if you don't actually know, and haven't spent any time, with the person.

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2008, 5:53 pm

INTP as of 2 minutes ago when i took it :)

tomadao
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2008, 5:56 pm

I'm not sure, but I think that I'm INTJ too, despite the first tests I took have said ISTJ. I'm sure on the I, T and J and never got along with people who have F in their types (overemotional).

chesapeaker
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2008, 6:07 pm

Mollica wrote:
I have found it to be quite interesting that every aspie I have talked to, diagnosed or not, has been INTJ. The typical description for this type and it's rarity are very similar to an AS description. I, myself, am INTJ. What is your personality type?

Hi I am an INTJ and I am not an AS but supposedly an NT, whatever that is. INTJ's are supposedly in nly 1% of the population. These tests are useful somewhat, but only somewhat. AS folks also get confused with DSM-IV Avoidant Personality and Schizoid Personality Disorders.

I like my uniqueness and certainly respect other folk's uniqueness. I know how to navigate social situations quite well, but find most of the manuevering tiring and pointless anymore. I'm 60 yr old.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:43 pm

INTx

Online test results tend to alternate between INTP and INTJ.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

20 Apr 2008, 11:26 pm

Another INTP here

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

I've taken the test a few times. I got INTJ everytime.

Zzzzeta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2008, 3:05 am

INTP

macken
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2009, 11:48 am

I have spent a lot of time thinking about and researching the idea of personality/psychological type and the autism spectrum. My research, using Simon Baron-Cohen's Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) questionnaire with 101 'neurotypical' adults showed that Introversion and Thinking were significantly related to total score on the AQ. When I looked at each of the 5 subscales, more trends emerged. The preference for Introversion was significantly related to Social Skills, Attention Switching and Communication skills. Sensing was significantly related to the Imagination subscale. Thinking preferences were significantly related to scores on the Social Skills subscale and Imagination. There were no significant relationships between Judging/Perceiving preferences and any of the subscales.
These results tend to support the discussion on this blog.
I am particularly enthusiastic about using personality/psychological type when discussing the autism spectrum because it does not focus on 'pathology'. I emphasize type as learning preferences and how the person prefers to learn. Note the emphasis on learning: I am tired of people focusing on the deficits and not viewing each person as a learner who wants to cope and learn in everyday life. I find that the type/MBTI model is a productive way to look at each individual, to plan appropriate learning environments, to make daily life a lot more understandable and comfortable and to deal productively with stressors.
Interestingly, in my group of 101 'neurotypical' adults, 2.6 per cent (the exact same per cent found by Baron-Cohen) scored above the cut-off score. That meant that 2.6 per cent of the people exhibited the major characteristics of the autism spectrum but were functioning without any distress or particular concerns.
What are your thoughts?

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 12:12 pm

INTP