The 'appreciation-thread' criticizing thread

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2017, 10:41 am

I think they're a very nice idea, but some people might feel left out if they didn't get one, especially if they post a lot or have been here for a long time, and that could make them sad.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:10 am

IstominFan wrote:
I think a warm response to a post from an individual means more than an entire thread. I haven't felt there was much to appreciate about me lately.

I appreciate how much you care about cats.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 4:59 pm

Thank you. I think my compassion for animals is probably my best trait.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 5:49 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I'll be honest and say that the primary reason I hate "appreciation" threads is because no one's ever made one for me in the past year I've been here.

Plus, I think that people who make them for themselves are too starved for attention.

Yeah, I think people who do one for themselves are just setting out to corrupt people on the whole forum, either because they think they're boring or are just sick of the constant back slapping and cheers others are getting and making others look like they're trolls. Or they need self love from a source that won't defy them or strip them from their site priviledges.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 May 2017, 7:18 pm

I wouldn't say I hate them but I just don't care. I think the only person who made one for me is my 2nd girlfriend & I think I made one for her. I'm not vain enough to check the thread & search each page for my user name & sense I don't follow them I'm not sure if anyone else had made one for me. I'd like to know why they made one if anyone has. There are members I like here but I haven't really chatted with anyone in a while & I haven't made any serious posts in a long time so I don't feel the need to make one for anybody. These things feel kind of like a popularity contest for some & I rather avoid that kind of stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition