Do you hate people that change to suit a fashion.

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2008, 9:07 am

Most of the fashion I like is out of date. I pretty much have my own style and wear anything I find that catches my eye and is very practical. for example since about 2003 or 2004 Ive been wearing this wonderful Soviet mink hat in the winter time. its
from around WWII. I consider it beautiful and its very warm and comfortable. I also wear a British Enlisted man's unmounted overcoat (Pattern 1953 which is WWII - early Korean war era) in the winter. I really love the way this military wool coat looks. its over 5 pounds of heavy wool and is incredibly warm when worn over a light jacket as a liner and has a feature I like in all clothing huge pockets that you can fit full sized books and other large items into to carry with you.

I have a picture of me dressed this way in the mmebers only forum you can find it here:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1281744.html#1281744

I really prefer to wear/use things that are practical and have at least some element to them that is somehow anachronistic

I don't dress in all period clothing or anything like that unless I happen to be at an SCA event or something but even so most of my clothing is out of date somehow I dress pretty much like someone would dress in the 80s or 90s most days.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 9:27 am

I absolutely love fashion and always try to look my best. Most people judge others by what they are wearing, after all. I don't try to change my image to fit in with other people or anything, but fashion is one of those things that's at the top of my priority list. BTW, I was actually voted best-dressed in school last year. 8)

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 4:23 pm

Those that rebel against fashion are, in the process, creating a fashion/statement.

You can't win either way--try to be individual too much and you becomes just like the rest--trying so hard to be an individual.

Best to look nice when you're trying so hard to be an individual.

It's those that don't intentionally make a statement, but just exist--in a neat sort of way--those people are striking, I think.

I like to see others looking refreshed--not sure why, but it makes me feel better.

equinn