Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

hollybee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2008, 5:51 pm

Ridiculous! Look at this PM I just got... how some people fall for these things is beyond me! Can an admin or mod please follow this up? ta.

maglina wrote:
Hi Dear ,
I hope you are alright and healthy.
I have the feeling that this piece of mail will reach you in a perfect state of mind and in a better healthy condition.My name is Albertin Tompsey a female.I am now 24years old.Please,i decided to contact you,to write you because i have no other alternative and choice.Am also sorry if this mail will be a disturbance to you.Since after the death of my parents in the hands of the rebels I have been in a very big difficulty of how to safeguard the money that my father left for me before his death because, the money is a huge amount 2.5 million us dollars presently in Bank.I am afraid I dont know how and where to start about it.I am now a refugee in this country where my father deposited this money.

I have gone to the bank with all the Deposit papers for claims and withrawal of this money.But due to my refugee status here in this country and the law of this country which do not allow refugees acess to monetary transaction the bank refused to deal directly with me but have told me to provide to them a foreign partner as my representative and trustee who will help me to recieve the money in a foreign bank account on my bahalf so that they(Bank) will transfer all the money into my partners foreign account for me to have acess to all my fathers money through my foreign partners account outside this country.Please i need your help to transfer this money to your own bank account in your country for investments purpose which will be under your care.Immidiately the bank transfers the money into your own bank account,you will send to me some money from it to prepare my travelling documents and buy air tickects to join you over there and start a new life with you.

Please if you can help me try to reply me urgently as i will give you 20% of the total money .I will explain more to you and we can discuss fully and God will always bless you for your help which I know you shall never regret as I am going to take you as my caretaker. Am awaiting eagerly to hear from you.pls send me your reply at my email [email protected] . please send me your telephone number to reach you.here i do not have any telephone due to my present situation.
All my Regards
Yours friend
Albertin

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:53 pm

I didn't get this.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:56 pm

We must be on some sort of 'list'. I get these alot, too.

Those who know, don't speak.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:03 pm

Hello,
My name is Afkrogééeuuztg I am hope that this message arrive in time because I am writing slow because I know you cannot read so fast. I have $1,000,000,000,000,000 in bank account but authorities no let me take it out of country so please to send me all your personall detail I will giving you huge money and haunted ice castle as token of my appreciation.

Thanking you,
Yours greaterest friend,
Afkrogééeuuztg

Disclaimer: The above message is a joke, and a parody on scam emails. Please not to be taking it seriously, thanks.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:26 pm

Never mind, I got the PM.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2008, 6:37 pm

I got this too. I think it is important that people know about this in case they actually believe what she (or he) is saying. I typed in the name at google to see if anything came up and this was the only result (I was going to post a thread anyway). I have no Idea what anyone can do about this but if someone here actually decides to "help" this person it could end up quite bad.

Has anyone emailed them?? I'd like to know what they have to say

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:41 pm

I never got that particular PM.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:47 pm

For those above 18... do a you tube search for: Where Spam Comes From

WARNING: NFSW, contains gun violence and the f word.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:50 pm

and yeah... I got that message too... deleted now.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:11 pm

I got a PM just like that the first day I joined. I copied it and emailed Alex straight away.

I don't like scammers that much but destest them emailing/pm people here :evil: It is almost like that are preying on people on the spectrum because of they way they take things literally.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:22 pm

Take a look at this site: www.419eater.com.

Some of the things there are pretty hilarious.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

20 Apr 2008, 7:22 pm

I've said it before I'll say it again, I've never gotten one of these since I was away for like, 2 or 3 months, and only one in the total time I've been here. Makes me think they pick on the unpopular members. :wink:

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:25 pm

Hey... I'm an unpopular member and I haven't received one yet.

*sniff*

I feel so unloved by scammers.