New Star Wars movie coming out this summer (its animated)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrWaNsP-Twk&feature=related[/youtube]

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 9:32 pm

This is the animated series of the clone wars not a movie. Lucas has already stated no more movies in 07 Star Wars Convention just a live action and animated series for TV.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 9:40 pm

It looks a bit too video game-ish.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 3:21 am

JerryHatake wrote:
This is the animated series of the clone wars not a movie. Lucas has already stated no more movies in 07 Star Wars Convention just a live action and animated series for TV.

You're mostly right. However the first 3 episodes of the new CGI clone wars show are being combined and given a theatrical release this summer, and then the show is supposed to start airing sometime this fall.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 7:06 am

Ugh...we've been in the Clone Wars for six years. :roll:

Besides, I'm tired of seeing them screw around with Star Wars. I'm thinking of just abandoning all my knowledge of the series and then just sticking with the Original Trilogy.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:35 pm

DejaQ wrote:
Besides, I'm tired of seeing them screw around with Star Wars. I'm thinking of just abandoning all my knowledge of the series and then just sticking with the Original Trilogy.

8O By some kind of Frankenstein style brain transplant kind of thing? hehe.

Admittedly the Clone Wars did not have the best animation around. (Actually I didn't bother with them.)

It would have to be quite well animated to get my interest, to be honest. I'm a little Star Wars'd out.

Scorpio82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 10:07 pm

I sort of liked the original animated series, but I'm all Clone Wars'd out. I generally eat, sleep, and breathe CGI, but this one really looks unappealing to me. Probably the fact that all the characters look like they're made out of cardboard.

I'd sooner they made that Chewbacca/Jar Jar buddy cop movie I've been waiting for.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 12:56 pm

I don't think an animated film of Star Wars would work in my opinion I may be wrong but we will have to see.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

:roll:
YAWN

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 10:17 am

ping-machine wrote:
DejaQ wrote:

8O By some kind of Frankenstein style brain transplant kind of thing? hehe.

More like sticking my fingers in my ears and singing really loudly when someone mentions the prequels / EU. :P