Is changing from Male to Female Weirder than Femal to Male?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Is changing gender from Male to Female more weird than changing from Female to male? Why?
Yes, A feminine male is much worse than a masculine female 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No, Both options pretty much weird me out equally 46%  46%  [ 17 ]
Yes, and I wish to make my own comment below 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No, and I also want my chance to make my own comment below 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

24 Apr 2008, 12:20 pm

I have moved a long post to the haven.


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind


Last edited by wsmac on 26 Apr 2008, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jun 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,718
Location: New Zealand

25 Apr 2008, 1:38 am

I don't think any is weirder than the other.

Although, I do think that more males change to female, than females to male. Either that or male to female is just more commonly discussed.


_________________
I = Vegan!
Animals = Friends.


MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,560
Location: England

25 Apr 2008, 7:40 pm

I think both options require a lot of bravery, which I think is tremendously admirable.


_________________
Why so serious?


EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,671

25 Apr 2008, 10:30 pm

According to current documentation methods, male to female is a lot more common than female to male. No one knows if there really are more MTFs or if the FTMs are just less likely to seek medical assistance with the identity change. Some women can pass for male just by dressing and acting male, but most males have to take hormones to look convincingly female.



wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

26 Apr 2008, 2:57 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
According to current documentation methods, male to female is a lot more common than female to male. No one knows if there really are more MTFs or if the FTMs are just less likely to seek medical assistance with the identity change. Some women can pass for male just by dressing and acting male, but most males have to take hormones to look convincingly female.


I have also come to the conclusion that there may be a number of active Lesbians who might actually be transgendered but have adopted the gay lifestyle for the same reasons I struggled with the idea earlier in my life.
So far, every FtoM I have encountered has lived part of their life in a lesbian relationship until it became evident they were not gay, but trans.

I know two people who were living the lesbian life and both conceived a child each from the same donor (whom I also know), but later on one of the partners transitioned to male and their relationship broke apart.
This 'man' has a wonderful son who seems to be doing quite well in his growing up.

Anyway.. as our world realizes the fluidity of the various human natures, and the broad definition of gender, hopefully more people will be able to make the best decisions for themselves the first time around.


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind


helene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 84

28 Apr 2008, 1:26 am

I know someone who is mtf and do not find it weird, I also saw the tranny road show a couple of days ago.



CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

28 Apr 2008, 9:05 pm

A friend of mine went from MTF, and caught a lot of flak at the office, but after awhile, everybody grew up and stopped being jerks about it.

Technically, there's no point in arguing over this: it is easier to remove one then to add one. :wink:



Strapples
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,861
Location: Chicago Area IL (FAR FROM AUTISM SPEAKS)

28 Apr 2008, 9:05 pm

while i am not attracted to tomboy girls and or tomgirl guys i think both have the right to desire what they want...


_________________
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info and my forum at http://www.disabledplanet.alinssite.info

When in doubt, ask an autistic. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:

Autism Speaks will NEVER speak for me

CLASSIC AUTISM


Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,895
Location: Trapped outside of the space time continuum

28 Apr 2008, 9:08 pm

I don't know anyone that has had that done, or at least I don't think I do. It's pretty noticeable isn't it?


_________________
So simple, it's complicated


wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

28 Apr 2008, 11:33 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
A friend of mine went from MTF, and caught a lot of flak at the office, but after awhile, everybody grew up and stopped being jerks about it.

Technically, there's no point in arguing over this: it is easier to remove one then to add one. :wink:


:lmao: I like that last comment!


Social_Fantom wrote:
I don't know anyone that has had that done, or at least I don't think I do. It's pretty noticeable isn't it?


Not really.
It's the ones who are more masculine in their appearance or more feminine in their appearance from a physical features point-of-view that have a harder time passing.

Go back and check out the links I have posted about successful MtoF's and FtoM's.
I've put it on a couple of these transgender threads.

You'll see that some people transition quite well and live their lives in a mode called "stealth"... meaning they don't tell and no one figures it out.


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind


Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,895
Location: Trapped outside of the space time continuum

28 Apr 2008, 11:39 pm

wsmac wrote:
Not really.
It's the ones who are more masculine in their appearance or more feminine in their appearance from a physical features point-of-view that have a harder time passing.

Go back and check out the links I have posted about successful MtoF's and FtoM's.
I've put it on a couple of these transgender threads.

You'll see that some people transition quite well and live their lives in a mode called "stealth"... meaning they don't tell and no one figures it out.


I see, then it's possible I do know some then. That's pretty neat how they can remain hidden and no one ever catch on.


_________________
So simple, it's complicated


wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

29 Apr 2008, 12:05 am

socialphantom wrote:
I see, then it's possible I do know some then. That's pretty neat how they can remain hidden and no one ever catch on.


Check out these links... once you see some of the pictures... everyone you don't really know becomes suspect! :twisted:

Sometimes I get a bit sad that I wouldn't be able to pass that well :evil:

Successful Transwomen Page1
Successful Transwomen Page2
Successful Transwomen Page3
Successful Transwomen Page4[/quote]

wsmac wrote:
Here's a page for Successful Transmen

Successful Transmen page1



eta: I just went to page 1 of the MtoF and glanced down the page.
I've seen them all before... online that is... and I am just now noticing how many of them have careers in computers, music, and aviation.


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind


MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,052
Location: Missouri

29 Apr 2008, 12:21 am

Well I just looked through your gallery link and I must say.....I would've never known they were MTF!! 8O


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

29 Apr 2008, 12:31 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Well I just looked through your gallery link and I must say.....I would've never known they were MTF!! 8O


Take a look at the 'Successful Transmen' link also... you'll be equally amazed, I'm sure!

I think my body is in pretty decent shape (six-pack abs with a couple of cans missing :P ), but some of those FtoM's put me to shame! :(

Jeez! This is depressing... the FtoM's have better defined and massive muscle than my guy body, and the MtoF's have that gorgeous femininity about them that my 'masculine' features scoff at!

I think the only hope for me is Singularity! :roll:


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind


syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,086
Location: swimming in the air

29 Apr 2008, 1:33 am

wsmac wrote:
I think the only hope for me is Singularity! :roll:


I don't think you'll have to wait as long as that.
A couple of advances in nanomachines in application to human DNA
should do the trick. 8)
I'd try it.I don't identify with masculinity very much and at least it would be a different playground to play alone in. :wink:

ps, sorry in advance for being flippant about a subject
I know you are serious about wsmac :oops:


_________________
Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle
-Jaleb

some

people say eyes are the windows into the soul
but aren't hearts, minds and souls
the window into which you should look?


wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,888
Location: Humboldt County California

29 Apr 2008, 3:04 pm

syzygyish wrote:
wsmac wrote:
I think the only hope for me is Singularity! :roll:


I don't think you'll have to wait as long as that.
A couple of advances in nanomachines in application to human DNA
should do the trick. 8)
I'd try it.I don't identify with masculinity very much and at least it would be a different playground to play alone in. :wink:

ps, sorry in advance for being flippant about a subject
I know you are serious about wsmac
:oops:


Come now Syzygyish, I have MUCH thicker skin than that! :wink:

I kid about this stuff all the time with friends and family... you're in the club too! :thumright:

Now I don't know what to do... wait for the Singularity or wait for Silicone Valley?
Oh what to do... what to do? :?


_________________
fides solus
===============
LIBRARIES... Hardware stores for the mind