Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:04 pm

Liverbird wrote:
Betzalel wrote:
I pretty much have a running script all planned out for everything that I do and if things deviate from the script too much it is like the whole world is falling down around me and I can't cope and I get irrational and very emotional it can be very paralyzing for me and it takes all of my strength not to do something stupid when that happens.

YES! YES! YES!

I think others think I get upset over nothing, but it makes perfect sense to me why I'm upset. My husband thinks I blow a gasket over stupid stuff all the time, but he just doesn't get it. I don't waste my time getting upset over stupid stuff. It's the things that affect my world that piss me off. I don't like things that deviate, so when you cause a problem with that, then I get upset. Too bad if you don't like it.

Yep this is pretty much how I am when things deviate from what I expect. It may seem like nothing to others, and may seem like nothing to me later on when I'm calmed down, but at the time it's EVERYTHING.

As I get older I am more able to spot those feelings of impending meltdown, and take steps to calm myself down before I get too upset. Of course, it doesn't always work, but it helps. It also helps that I don't live with or near my parents anymore, because they always exacerbated the whole situation by laughing. They would make fun of me because they just couldn't understand why I was making such a big deal out of "nothing".

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:06 pm

I don't get upset over things much anymore, but when I did, it was never really over "nothing". It was just over things that most people find trivial :?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 4:03 pm

Yup. Welcome to the boat. I get irritated over things like that all the time.

I can't stand filling out paper work or dealing with bureaucratic nuisances. If I had the money I would pay someone to take care of all that crap for me.

Last edited by marshall on 23 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm

I get upset.

Most people would say over nothing.

It's not 'nothing' to me.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 4:06 pm

exactly.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

23 Apr 2008, 4:28 pm

I don't know about anyone else...but I do get upset for no apparent reason. Everything could be going fine and all of a sudden I start crying.
I know that there must be a reason, I just haven't identified it yet.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:51 pm

A lot of little everyday things really upset me. For example, strangers getting too close to me while trying to get past me in the store. And people interrupting me when I'm on the computer. And people talking to me when I'm trying to indulge in my imagination. Okay, on that last one it's not other peoples' fault, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:09 pm

Spontenaity makes my brain hurt.

All changes must be made in wide, sweeping arcs while I process and assimilate. Abrupt 45 degree turns are not allowed.

Don't touch my things.

Don't ask what I'm doing (I'm busy).

Don't ever drop in without calling first (book your appointments well in advance to avoid disappointment).

Don't expect me to just pick up and go with you RIGHT NOW. (Homey don't play dat.)

Don't make me have to tell you what I need.

Do not surprise me with anything. Ever. Surprises are neither pleasant nor funny.

Don't show me how to do it, just give me the damn manual and get out.

Don't expect me to greet you warmly every time we meet, I said hello yesterday, or the day before - anyway, I said hello. Once. (Surely that's enough.)

For God's sake, stop calling me every five minutes! What the hell do you want NOW?

Don't rearrange the furniture. Ever. I'm not kidding.

Get out of my chair. I don't care if my name's not on it, my Vibe permeates it. If I have to, I'll piss on it to mark it.

Don't ask me to pick the restaraunt and then give me alternate choices. Is this some social cue HINT I'm supposed to pick up on? Should I now feel guilty for not choosing the place you secretly wanted all along? And once a choice is decided on, Don't change it!

Don't expect eating in my company to be some social bonding ritual. It's just food for God's sake. Shut up and eat.

Don't ask me why I sometimes suddenly burst into tears or explode in an angry rant - I live in a world with you so-called normal people, that's what's wrong - that's ALWAYS what's wrong.

NTs make me tired.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:32 pm

deathchibi wrote:
well i dont see other people get upset at this kind of stuff... :?

Excuse the expression, but BULL!! !! !! I have to go places on a whim(THEIR whim), enter peoples offices to waste time, etc... ALL because THEY consider it comforting or an ego stroke. Now THAT is nothing! My being there serves them NO purpose other than an ego stroke but, if I DON'T do it, you can BET they will get upset! I was telling someone JUST THIS MORNING about how just their doing this with ME has cost corporate america MILLIONS of dollars! And I am ONE PERSON!

So HOW does it cost them SO much? To start with, in my bill rate and real estate, etc.... we are talking $300/hour or MORE! Then there is the other persons charge, and possibly others. This is often done when I am needed elsewhere. One time, I was trying to beat a clock which would have cost the customer millions if I didn't beat it. One company kept me out of the loop on a project, and that already cost them several million. The large company, that you probably ALL know, ended up getting gutted. A LOT of people lost their jobs.

Don't tell ME they don't get upset over nothing!

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:27 pm

I get upset about small noises...my family never seems to understand this. I also hate unexpected visits and phone calls...and when someone jokingly punches me in the arm (it's actually really painful). But to me these things are not nothing.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2008, 10:35 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
I get upset about small noises...my family never seems to understand this. I also hate unexpected visits and phone calls...and when someone jokingly punches me in the arm (it's actually really painful). But to me these things are not nothing.

Oy! I HATE HATE HATE HATE! it when people touch me like that. I cant stand pats on the back, punches on the shoulder, spontaneous hugs etc. it immediately sends me into fight/flight mode. and nobody seems to ever understand why I take serious offense to it and why I'm upset and shaking and demanding loudly that they stop touching me.