Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

not even 50, so maybe it's a mid-mid-life crisis?

I feel the need to do something else, something more in my life, well, that's since always, but now this need
has become stronger. Fortunately this time it isn't accompanied by a depression, don't want to go there again, a very dark place.

I've become more sarcastic, I care even less about everyone else, have i become NT? :P

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:06 am

I'm going through an early mid (mid) life crisis, so I know what you mean. :P

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:37 am

SilverProteus wrote:

How old?

I went through one at 23, it is very healthy to go through early ones then you don't have a massive one at 50.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:25 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I went through one at 23, it is very healthy to go through early ones then you don't have a massive one at 50.

I had a funny time at around 36 but life gets better after 46 and even better aroudn 50 :D

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 2:32 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

How old?

The ripe old age of 22 (or at least I feel like it).

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:14 pm

Me too and I feel like life has just begun. :cry:

As for computerlove's last statement.........No that makes you more of an asspie.

MeloJag
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2008, 7:32 pm

I hope ur right Mr. Bogan because at 25 i think im going through a quarter-life crisis.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:29 pm

MeloJag wrote:
I hope ur right Mr. Bogan because at 25 i think im going through a quarter-life crisis.

I really depends on the person. I had a little one when I was 25. I'm going to handle being 30 ok because of my previous mini midlife crisises. I think what got to me is how quickly time goes as you get older. When I turned 23 it just happened so quickly.

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:31 pm

i had a huge crisis at age 26, i'm 28 right now.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:33 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

How old?

The ripe old age of 22 (or at least I feel like it).

:lol: I always thought you were about 40 or something. 23 is ok for a midlife crisis, but maybe 22 is maybe a bit self indulgent. :P

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:01 pm

computerlove wrote:

I feel the need to do something else, something more in my life, well, that's since always, but now this need
has become stronger. Fortunately this time it isn't accompanied by a depression, don't want to go there again, a very dark place.

I've become more sarcastic, I care even less about everyone else, have i become NT? :P

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to live my life. I'm not at all ambitious, not into material belongings, social status i find pretty shallow. I think you sort of need goals to go for, but my problem is I couldn't really care less about achieving anything. If you analyse everything, in the end things are all pretty pointless. So I see it, your goals could be anything and you will still get the same satifaction out of achieving them what ever they are.

One thing I worked out about myself is that I enjoy fighting, there is nothing more I like than bashing the crap out of a punching bag and feeling the adrenaline running through your vains. Totally against violence though. Also I like exercising my mind by challenging it.

So maybe if I go back to being a fighter and go back to seeing life as a huge fight, I will achieve more when I have this mentallity. I've sort of lost that part of me at the moment from learning and coming to terms with AS.. It's a problem but I'm going to work around it, not good to use it as an excuse me thinks!!

I think I will make sure I enjoy happiness when it comes and relax and enjoy myself, the rest of the time I see life as my enermy and fight through it. Another trick is to not worry about the future, make plans, but just concerntrate on what you are doing at the moment.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:24 pm

computerlove wrote:

I've had this happena couple of times. I thiknk a lot of it is just that I needed to figure out where I belonged in life and start over a little, finding my previous course wasn't working for me.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

I feel like in the eye of the storm, so quiet (:

ASSpie?! :lol: :oops:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 11:02 pm

computerlove wrote:
I feel like in the eye of the storm, so quiet (:

ASSpie?! :lol: :oops:

What do you think of my theory on life?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 11:28 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
computerlove wrote:

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to live my life. I'm not at all ambitious, not into material belongings, social status i find pretty shallow. I think you sort of need goals to go for, but my problem is I couldn't really care less about achieving anything. If you analyse everything, in the end things are all pretty pointless. So I see it, your goals could be anything and you will still get the same satifaction out of achieving them what ever they are.

One thing I worked out about myself is that I enjoy fighting, there is nothing more I like than bashing the crap out of a punching bag and feeling the adrenaline running through your vains. Totally against violence though. Also I like exercising my mind by challenging it.

So maybe if I go back to being a fighter and go back to seeing life as a huge fight, I will achieve more when I have this mentallity. I've sort of lost that part of me at the moment from learning and coming to terms with AS.. It's a problem but I'm going to work around it, not good to use it as an excuse me thinks!!

I think I will make sure I enjoy happiness when it comes and relax and enjoy myself, the rest of the time I see life as my enermy and fight through it. Another trick is to not worry about the future, make plans, but just concentrate on what you are doing at the moment.

money/material belongings/status/etc., may be shallow to us, but unfortunately we live in a world where people judge you by what you have,

you can't see life as your enemy, I think it will be a long walk up a big hill, and you'll end tired, angry and worse than at the beginning. I've tried that aggressive approach at life, and it worked okay, but only for a little while. It felt good, the adrenaline rush and all that, but felt like a facade, like a mask. A couple of years later I hit bottom, depression speaking.

I think one must accept AS and move on, thinking "ok, so I have this sh*itty AS thingie, it's like I don't have a f*king piece of my brain" (or something similar). Yes, it's kind of depressing, specially thinking there's no cure. So, what's the point of being depressed?
Some people have mentioned beer as a escape out, and it works, but it's like getting out of one hole and getting into another one...

Why do say that "in the end things are all pretty pointless"?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:05 am

I'm still a recovering alcoholic. I didn't know I had AS till two years ago. I think that's part of why I drank, it just got worse from their in no time. Hospitals, institutions and so on......

Maybe you are hitting a stage of depression right now and just don't know it. Anyway, such is life.

Life is tough and then you die.

j/k but I make jokes about it, I think you just have to go with the swings of life and its ups and downs. I'm just learning how to apologize to ppl b/c sometimes I come off as an asspie. I never realized till now.