Page 558 of 670 [ 10716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 670  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 12:55 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I also embrace Brother Marknis and ask everyone follow suit!

blazingstar hates me so she is not going to do so.

Nobody hates you here on Wrong Planet, Brother Marknis.

Some people here actually do.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 1:52 am

Not I, I would hug you dude but it's hard to be sure if we're the hugging type. Peace to you & yours anyway.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2019, 5:23 am

Marknis wrote:
Some people here actually do.

A few of them do appear to have lost patience with you, in which case it would have been kinder and more constructive for them to refrain from making angry comments which could hurt you (it's a bit perverse to make hurtful comments to someone already suffering from loneliness and depression, I feel, but maybe I'm old-fashioned). But the fact that they may have lost patience with you doesn't literally mean they hate you.

And even if they did, that would not change who you actually are. You don't have to let other people diminish you.

p.s. Hugs are illegal where I come from, and plus I'm hypersensitive to touch, so apologies for not quite being able to participate in this whole hugging thing...

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 5:52 am

Edited: Probably irrelevant.

Last edited by smudge on 13 Oct 2019, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 6:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Are you sure? Instead of invalidating someone stating their experience, maybe it's best to wait for blazingstar to have an opportunity to respond. :nerdy:

I don't hate Mark or anyone on the forum. This dates back to a thread he took something I said personally. It's already been discussed and he keeps bringing it up. I'm sad when someone has problems, but I can't change Mark anymore than anyone else can. I think AA knows me well enough to have made that statement and I will leave it stand.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 8:20 am

blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Are you sure? Instead of invalidating someone stating their experience, maybe it's best to wait for blazingstar to have an opportunity to respond. :nerdy:

I don't hate Mark or anyone on the forum. This dates back to a thread he took something I said personally. It's already been discussed and he keeps bringing it up. I'm sad when someone has problems, but I can't change Mark anymore than anyone else can. I think AA knows me well enough to have made that statement and I will leave it stand.

The things you said about me don’t come off as sad to me but you wishing me only ill will, such as calling me a “complainer” and that you think it’s a shame that I don’t look up to Fnord even though he’s tried to get me banned on several occasions.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 11:19 am

Big hugs to magz, Bender, and Trogluddite

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 12:45 pm

blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:

If I was under the impression you hated me I'd much rather hear the denial from you than from some random schmuck. I figured Marknis would similarly prefer to hear how you feel instead of how someone else believes you feel.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 12:46 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire

{{you}} :heart:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 12:54 pm

Marknis wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:

The things you said about me don’t come off as sad to me but you wishing me only ill will, such as calling me a “complainer” and that you think it’s a shame that I don’t look up to Fnord even though he’s tried to get me banned on several occasions.

For what it's worth, someone can be frustrated with a behaviour you engage in without hating you, thinking you're a bad person or wishing you ill-will. People get distressed over seeing others engage in self-destructive/self-defeating behaviour and sometimes distressed people don't say what they intend to in the best possible way because they're frustrated and at wit's end.

I've certainly been frustrated towards you at times and have criticized behaviours you express engaging in. I've also had your back when someone attempted to create a parody account of you and have offered support and advice. Sometimes friends have to express criticism or condemnation towards behaviours and attitudes their friends demonstrate - if that person is genuinely your friend they'll still be your friend after saying something you maybe don't want to hear.

Sometimes folks are giving you a kick in the ass because they want to help lead you in the right direction but they're not in a position to reach down and pull you up.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 11:38 am

Here's hugs to everyone

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 2:43 pm

I embrace Brother Long Shot and Brother Sly!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 6:04 pm

I embrace Lady Tem!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 10:30 pm

9 Hugs for the Dreamers.

Temeraire
Veteran