Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:28 pm

I was wondering, what do you do when you feel harassed by someone?

I mean, I remember reading that Aspies are more given to harassment than any other children in school, and so we see more of it. This translates, I think, to people being more likely to bully us as adults.

But whether you feel harassed at school, in a bar, at work, or anywhere else, harassment is harassment.

So what do you all do to deal with it?

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

24 Apr 2008, 12:36 am

I give them s**t right back, at whatever level seems appropriate until they yell uncle. I'm particularly gifted in the area of nailing people who piss me off. :D You might want to get some advice from Jaded as well, she seems good at give and take. What is the specific problem?

24 Apr 2008, 12:53 am

I like picking on as*holes and ripping on some of them. That's how much I hate them.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

24 Apr 2008, 12:59 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I like picking on as*holes and ripping on some of them. That's how much I hate them.

This is the correct attitude to develop morning_after. :lol: :lol: :lol: lmao!

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 8:49 pm

velodog wrote:
I give them sh** right back, at whatever level seems appropriate until they yell uncle. I'm particularly gifted in the area of nailing people who piss me off. :D You might want to get some advice from Jaded as well, she seems good at give and take. What is the specific problem?

I was just wondering what you do with people that harass you.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 8:50 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

So you bully them back?

Anna4077
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2008, 12:07 am

Take the high road. Ignore them.

25 Apr 2008, 12:25 am

morning_after wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

So you bully them back?

Yes. They deserve no respect.

25 Apr 2008, 12:27 am

Anna4077 wrote:

Ahhh that's no fun. It's fun to piss them up. It's fun to tell them too look (insert word here they are calling you) in the dictionary and it has a picture of them. It's fun to do sarcasm at them, my mother taught me all of this.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:07 am

Anna4077 wrote:

Sometimes that is helpful, I agree.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:08 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Anna4077 wrote:

Ahhh that's no fun. It's fun to piss them up. It's fun to tell them too look (insert word here they are calling you) in the dictionary and it has a picture of them. It's fun to do sarcasm at them, my mother taught me all of this.

Or you could announce, "hey, everyone, ___ says I'm _____"

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

25 Apr 2008, 8:45 am

It depends on the type of harrassment.

Sometimes I just ignore it and other times I stand up for myself and tell them that they are pathetic losers who have no self respect...at other times i just get plain nasty. I wont be a "doormat".

QuantumToast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2008, 2:18 pm

I just try to keep my distance from anyone who seems likely to do it...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 8:17 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
It depends on the type of harrassment.

Sometimes I just ignore it and other times I stand up for myself and tell them that they are pathetic losers who have no self respect...at other times i just get plain nasty. I wont be a "doormat".

Me too.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 9:54 pm

It depends on the situation.

If I can choose to avoid the individual from then on, I will. I will cease to answer his/her phone calls and do whatever else I can to block contact.

If it is someone with whom I must continue to interact, I try to stand my ground firmly. I make it clear that nothing they do can affect me. I make light of the situation whenever possible, as if it is funny that they are trying so hard to f**k with me and not succeeding. If I ever were to retaliate, I would do so with a harmless, funny prank. Something that would be memorable but would not do any damage. Humor is a good way to rise above difficult situations and it tends to make people respect you.

25 Apr 2008, 10:04 pm

Lot of people seem to like how I stand up for myself. That's how my karma went up on I2 but there are some people who think I should be weak by letting them walk all over me meaning not do anything. I guess they want me to be weak and be helpless and because I refuse to not do anything, they see it as pathetic. Maybe it's because they;re bullies themselves? After all bullies don't like it when their victims stand up for themselves so they will try and hurt them by putting them down by what they are doing like telling them they're stupid or they're pathetic.