What were your favorite animated movies from your childhood?

Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

I can't think of many animated films I watched when I was a child.

I vaguely remember liking the Jungle Book at the pictures.
And The Rescuers. And Watership Down, which was terrifying.

But we didn't have any videos when I was a child, just blank tapes to record off the tv.
It's only when I got into my twenties that I started buying them.

I'm so old. :D

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

Kiki's Delivery Service
Aladdin
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Pokemon The First Movie

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

These were my favourite Disney movies:

1) Bambi
2) The Lion King
3) Pocahontas
4) The Little Mermaid
5) Beauty and the Beast
6) Cinderella
7) Alice in Wonderland
8 ) A Goofy Movie
9) The Rescuers Down Under
10) Dumbo

Then I also loved The Land Before Time, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Happily Ever After and Charlotte's Web.

Last edited by lostgirl1986 on 15 Mar 2012, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nayru
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2012, 12:38 am

Aladdin and the little mermaid. I watched both of them so many times. My mom says that I would watch a movie, and immediately when it was over rewind it and watch it again. usually between 2-4 times a day, everyday. I would sit on my bed with any toys/ stuffed animals that went with the movie I was watching.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:17 am

1. The Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Pocahontas
4. The Aristocats
5. 101 Dalmatians
6. The Little Mermaid

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

My 10 favorites from my childhood (no particular order) as well as my reasoning at the time (not my current views of the films):

-Aladdin: Saw it in theaters over 10 times since it was the first movie I could go out and watch on my own.
-Beauty & The Beast: Didn't care for the princess thing (which is why I skipped Little Mermaid), but the film seemed so vast with its story and its detail.
-Land Before Time: A non-Disney film that felt like a Disney film. Plus it had dinosaurs.
-An American Tail: I liked the music and the main character being a kid also.
-Great Mouse Detective: The bat was scary as f***, but otherwise was a fun adventure with fun characters.
-Toy Story: I loved computers, and the concept of doing a whole film with them just seemed really awesome to me.
-Lion King: It had the comedy and boy appeal of Aladdin and the great story and detail of BATB.
-Tarzan: Saw this at the end of my childhood, but I liked the detail put into the background and the characters' movement.
-Oliver & Company: Don't remember much except for the Billy Joel songs and the Cheech Marin character, but my family and I were dog people so we kind of liked it.
-Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs: Completely ignorant to its importance in film history at the time, but it seemed so much more simple and vivid than newer films.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

One I remember well was The Last Unicorn.

I looked it up and saw some stuff about rereleases of it being censored so I dug it out to see what my old taped from cable version is like.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm

So many almost forgotten films until I read this thread!!

Little Mermaid.
Bugs Life, one of my earlier obsessions at the time it was released.
Bambi, my first ever obsession. It holds a special place in my memory.
Finding Nemo, I used to fall asleep to that during sleepovers. So relaxing.
Aladdin.
The Goofy Movie.
All Dogs Go To Heaven.
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, I watched this on video at school soon after it was released and loads of girls in my class were crying, I thought they were silly!
The Prince of Egypt, the music in this used make me ball my eyes out. Didn't have that effect on anyone else I knew though.
The Miracle Maker, I used to go to religious schools and brownies so I watched this film quite a few times. I really liked it and still do.
Another Moses film I saw at school that I've forgotten the same of, it had Moses as a much older man with a long face and a grey beard.
Chicken Run,
Tarzan, I saw it in the cinemas and remember really liking it, I watched it again recently and it has entered my official favourite films list. The soundtrack is so nice.
Thumbellina
Monsters Inc. I had a pirate copy DVD of this back in the day and watched it constantly at my nana's and the outtakes.
The Jungle Book. One of my favourite as a kid, and I still love it now. Especially King Louie :P
Alice In Wonderland.
Lilo And Stitch
Ice Age.
Shrek. I remember seeing it as the most innovative and realistic step in CGI. :lol:

TOO MANY MORE TO LIST

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

Oh god I keep missing so many out. 8O Might have to do some thread spamming...

Pokemon The First Movie, I saw it in the cinemas with my cousin and I could have sworn he cried near the end.
Snow White.
Peter Pan.
The Tom And Jerry Movie, I watched that LOOOOAAADS of times. I liked the pirate with the milk and cookies and parrot puppet.
Cinderella.
Beauty And The Beast christmas special type thing.
101 Dalmatians.
James And The Giant Peach.
Rugrats The Movie and Rugrats in Paris, I saw the Paris one in the cinemas.
Winnie The Pooh: Tigger Movie
The trailers on Disney Videos.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

The Jungle Book
Mary Poppines (partly animated)
Song Of The South (partly animated)
Bambi
Cinderella
The Grinch
All the Charlie Brown ones
The Christmas one about the Heat Miser and Cold Miser
Rudolph
Frosty

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
The Grinch
The Christmas one about the Heat Miser and Cold Miser

These two movies are the only things I have consistently liked about Xmas. It's "The Year Without a Santa Claus" by the way. :) I have the song they sing on my iTunes.

-The Aristocats
-Oliver and Company
-The Lion King
-Beauty and the Beast
-An anime version of Aesop's Fables that I would give a few fingers to be able to find again. We only had it recorded from TV and the VHS is lost now.

I knew all the words to the Disney movies (probably still do) because I watched them so often. I watched the Aesop's Fables so often my family remembers it to this day. I really wish I could find a copy.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

^^

Is this it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2SpDKNVXWQ[/youtube]

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

It isn't...the one I'm talking about is in the style of Japanese anime and dubbed in English. I've searched for it a few times and the title (I think) is Manga Aesop Monogatari. That's the only name I've found associated with the images at least, although now that I look again I'm getting results for both that and something entirely unlike it.
I remember that it has a story about the country and the city mouse, and there is a fairy with them. I can't remember specific plot points, just that I watched it over and over and what it looked like.
I can find a little information (link), just can't find a copy (buyable or otherwise).
edited: Thank you for having a look though! Apparently Aesop's Fables is a popular theme.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

starchaser legend of orin
transformers

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 3:19 pm

There are book and video swap sites where you might be able to find it. Of course, you might not also. Swap Tree, TitleTrader, BookMooch, FrugalReader, PaperbackSwap, all of those are free swap sites and some have videos. If you can think of the name of it, or which channel it was on, I can try and find it for you. Also, the approximate year.

Emailing the network may be a good idea.

I'm actually looking for an old short story from either National Lampoon or High Times from the late 70's that I can't remember the name of. I've searched and searched. I remember the plot and some actual lines from the story but so far I've had no luck, so I do feel ya on this.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

oh i forgot:

flight of dragons