Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 4:49 pm

I came with an idea that we should encourage other people that are on the spectrum to come out and say they are autistic :) and tell people the contributions they have made to society such as being a website designer, working in a library, programming, etc.

It does not take much time out of ones life :)

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 6:23 pm

Many have done this, to no avail.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 6:25 pm

beau99 wrote:
Many have done this, to no avail.

but I mean publicly to people and the news

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 8:57 pm

uh...I fix printers...;)
I'm pretty good at it...;0

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 12:09 am

I think that would still be a surprise to many NT's :roll:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 8:49 am

I don't think it's a good idea because we should figure out that people like us are as close to normal as ever.

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2008, 11:34 am

Ehh, unless some big name like Bill Gates did so, the media wouldn't care. If an ordinary person said so, the media wouldn't even bother reporting it. They have more important things to broadcast on, like wars, or armed robberies. Now, if we could get famous people to do it, that would be another thing, but that might be hard.

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 11:48 am

ddrapayo wrote:
Ehh, unless some big name like Bill Gates did so, the media wouldn't care. If an ordinary person said so, the media wouldn't even bother reporting it. They have more important things to broadcast on, like wars, or armed robberies. Now, if we could get famous people to do it, that would be another thing, but that might be hard.

what about on autism speaks?

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2008, 9:18 am

matsuiny2004 wrote:
I think that would still be a surprise to many NT's :roll:

Yea your right Unfortunately eh haha

:(

Great Idea I too have thought about this eh...

I GUESS ITS ABOUT DOING IT>>>>>> eh....

HAVING a platform for them to exhibit themselves...

Once one does it the rest will follow...
Like here in New Zealand Mental Illness Mental Health... A few Celebrities came out and said they have it.. Soon many more wore... They got adds on tv radio etc... Publicity which most people like...
And the "feeling inside" they were doing good...

So yea guess its about getting that first domino... Making Sure the first couple are big names? or medium names.. steven spielberg.. robin williams hmm.. the list eh

guess We could start off with people who fix printers then the more famous/more known notable ones :D
Perhaps stating getting scientests to prove Einstein had aspergers or others.. some one high up...
To start the snowball running off many outed asperger celebrities...

Aspergers needs to be celebrated.. Heck Why dont we...
Every year.. jump around in costumes or something.. drinking dance.. movies the WORKS.....
haha.. Yea why not eh???

It needs to be celebrated before people start to come out... AND /OR People need to know there outage want effect their career in a negative way eg (THEY ARE STILL THE SAME FAMOUS ACTOR AS THEY ALWAYS WAS... know they just have a reason why they are so good...
AND the positive results of their outage.. eg publicity for aspergers and the inner good feeling of helping out your community...

:)

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2008, 9:27 am

ddrapayo wrote:

i think if we got everyday people doing it the media will still care eh :D

maybe only the community newspapers which need articles etc... BUT if every community newspaper did it WOW..

Thats a lot of newspapers...

BUT yea maybe just if a few did it in the right city... a few more famous people might start...
they see its not that hard...

BuT yea.. About having a platform and a system.. ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY TOO>....

Perhaps start a organisation to help with outing of disabilites including aspergers...ADD Gay Dyslexia Bi Polar etc
Like insurance you talk honestly to them about the risks of the public knowing and the effects which may result..

THAT would be ideal..

Or otherwise a website where people can publish themselves... why not... eh.. Like publishing a autobigraphy but smaller :(... a stepping stone maybe ;) ... yea a stepping stone... :D

If someone does it.. Ill start it off :D

Ill make sure im famous soon enough... Im on the right track :P

OK critique those posts people... Rip it up ! ! :D
And if you want to act... I'm keen to help out haha... maybe if i get a mention on the site though... recognition a good thing...

so email me :D

and thoughts... how do WE do it ??

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 8:48 pm

this is more along the lines of what I am thinking of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_Campaign