Do You Find It Hard To Communicate With Your Boss?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 4:01 pm

For those of you at work, when you try to communicate with your boss do you get the impression that you and him communicate on different wavelengths and that you find it very difficult to get him or her to understand the precise meaning of what you are trying to say? This happens to me quite a bit in this job but it has also happened in other environments as well. And your feeling is "Whoa. Slow down for a minute, go into a little more detail on what you are trying to get across and we will have a meeting of the minds.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 7:34 pm

All the time. My boss is very NT and he just can't figure me out. However his bosses are very pleased with the work I do so I don't worry about it. I work 60+ hours a week (I'm well compensated so I don't mind) and get it right the first time. My hyperfocus and brutal honesty are very confusing to my boss. The people who work in the factory and use the machines I design seem to like my way of doing things also.

Norah_W
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2008, 1:24 am

Silver_Meteor wrote:
For those of you at work, when you try to communicate with your boss do you get the impression that you and him communicate on different wavelengths and that you find it very difficult to get him or her to understand the precise meaning of what you are trying to say? This happens to me quite a bit in this job but it has also happened in other environments as well. And your feeling is "Whoa. Slow down for a minute, go into a little more detail on what you are trying to get across and we will have a meeting of the minds.

Yes, I've had this happen several times over the years with various bosses

atari2600a
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2008, 1:31 am

As I'm 17 I don't have much work experience. My last employer was an elderly man w/ Celebral Palsy & I have a slight speech impediment, so communication was a little slow, but I wouldn't say the communication was bad...