Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2008, 8:06 am

hell yeah id support a naked witch as a role model. pfft are you kidding?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 8:46 am

What about Burning Man?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 3:19 pm

oscuria wrote:
1) How can I prove to you that it was The Lord if I've not a time machine to travel thousands of years to the past to witness the event outside the residence of Abraham's? Your accusation of me using a personal interpretation is not even applicable. For a person who went to parochial school, you've overlooked the importance of what I was referring to. The proof is in the verses for you to study.

there's numerous stories in the bible of god proving his presence and disproving other gods. this can't be done again today? no reproducable results? or maybe it's just that all the tricks done were simple magic tricks that lance burton, chris angel, teller, or even the amazing jonathan could perform and since such tricks are so well known today and such people and events would be under such high scrutiny that they never perform such acts anymore and instead tell you that your skepticism is sinful and that you must have as much faith as you can.

oscuria wrote:
Ahh. I'll treat your first comment as a joke. Anyways:

that's cool, i think your views are a joke too.

oscuria wrote:
2) See here is the problem many "modern-day free-thinkers" have when referring to the "outdated, usless, and archaic" books that billions cherish. They are not applicable. To expect that the women in the bible, or any other scripture to have any resemblance of an Amazonian heroine, a fire-breathing feminist that destroyed society's norm is truly absurd.

cherish? most christians don't even read the bible rather less cherish it. you got some serious delusions about the world around you.

and i'm just saying that the judeo-muslim-christian culture is male dominated. much of the original western european religions were more female dominated and hence they had fertility rituals and worshipped the female form. this is even present in greek and roman religions where women are independent and not seen as objects of their male counterparts but as their own identity.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 12:27 am

skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:
1) How can I prove to you that it was The Lord if I've not a time machine to travel thousands of years to the past to witness the event outside the residence of Abraham's? Your accusation of me using a personal interpretation is not even applicable. For a person who went to parochial school, you've overlooked the importance of what I was referring to. The proof is in the verses for you to study.

there's numerous stories in the bible of god proving his presence and disproving other gods. this can't be done again today? no reproducable results? or maybe it's just that all the tricks done were simple magic tricks that lance burton, chris angel, teller, or even the amazing jonathan could perform and since such tricks are so well known today and such people and events would be under such high scrutiny that they never perform such acts anymore and instead tell you that your skepticism is sinful and that you must have as much faith as you can.

oscuria wrote:

oscuria wrote:
2) See here is the problem many "modern-day free-thinkers" have when referring to the "outdated, usless, and archaic" books that billions cherish. They are not applicable. To expect that the women in the bible, or any other scripture to have any resemblance of an Amazonian heroine, a fire-breathing feminist that destroyed society's norm is truly absurd.

cherish? most christians don't even read the bible rather less cherish it. you got some serious delusions about the world around you.

and i'm just saying that the judeo-muslim-christian culture is male dominated. much of the original western european religions were more female dominated and hence they had fertility rituals and worshipped the female form. this is even present in greek and roman religions where women are independent and not seen as objects of their male counterparts but as their own identity.

1) It is not for Him to prove His existence, especially to a person like you. I don't need to see Him to believe, neither do I need to hear Him--and if I have how would that be of any importance in changing your beliefs?

You won't understand because you don't understand. Very simple. It is not for me to convince you or prove to you His existence as it is not my purpose in life.

2) You can insult my views as much as you like. It won't change a thing.

3) You have some serious issues towards people of belief. Were you mistreated in your parochial school? If you were, that is between you and then, not between my views.

Because people in the west have forgotten about the Lord does not imply that everyone in the world has and has turned their backs on their scriptures. To assume that is ignorance.

Also, what do I care about a society that has "fertility rituals"? Such a society to me is filled with people who willingly give themselves. What kind of a place to live in is that?

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 2:41 am

skafather84 wrote:
nothing is more annoying than men who go around beating their chests like as if we're still living in caves.

and this little outburst was to try and achieve what exactly? or did you just feel like beating your chest?

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2008, 2:54 pm

oscuria wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
oscuria wrote:

oscuria wrote:

oscuria wrote:

1) It is not for Him to prove His existence, especially to a person like you. I don't need to see Him to believe, neither do I need to hear Him--and if I have how would that be of any importance in changing your beliefs?

You won't understand because you don't understand. Very simple. It is not for me to convince you or prove to you His existence as it is not my purpose in life.

2) You can insult my views as much as you like. It won't change a thing.

3) You have some serious issues towards people of belief. Were you mistreated in your parochial school? If you were, that is between you and then, not between my views.

Because people in the west have forgotten about the Lord does not imply that everyone in the world has and has turned their backs on their scriptures. To assume that is ignorance.

Also, what do I care about a society that has "fertility rituals"? Such a society to me is filled with people who willingly give themselves. What kind of a place to live in is that?

Typical. Is this a script or something that you people (oscuria) use when someone questions your religion(s)? I've heard this same chit thousands of times.

Dude was saying that females are made out to be subservient and its a male-based religion. Which it is.

No you can't prove god exists to me, and its because 1) I don't care and 2) You can't.

If your views can't be change, what makes you think you can change others'? Cause daddy god says so?

"People in the west" haven't forgotten the lord. You're generalizing.

Serious issues toward people of belief because....hey! look how your acting now! I wonder if that has anything to do with it.....

And not all have fertility rituals. Generalizing again. You're projecting you're own religion and other general views on someone else's religion.

Ok, so you don't want to be in a religion where people give themselves during fertility rituals...
And you're not.

You can't make the whole world one religion unless you kill or convert everyone who disagrees with you. Which 2 religions are or have attempted to do.

I'd rather take the female fertility thing where the mother loves all her children rather than the one where dude says kill kill kill kill cause I say so and because they hate you kill kill kill...

...and if you do this enough I'll let you into heaven (or whatever place) where you can be my servant...or have servant women....

Thats just my opinion though, I'm not trying to convert you or anything. :twisted:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 6:44 pm

skafather84 wrote:
and i'm just saying that the judeo-muslim-christian culture is male dominated.

As are essentially all cultures.
skafather84 wrote:
this is even present in greek and roman religions where women are independent and not seen as objects of their male counterparts but as their own identity.

Women weren't subservient in Greece and Rome? Check your history, please.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 6:56 pm

Orwell wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
this is even present in greek and roman religions where women are independent and not seen as objects of their male counterparts but as their own identity.

Women weren't subservient in Greece and Rome? Check your history, please.

Greece and Rome are largely responsible for the fascist imperialist ideologies that have encouraged female oppression in modern European culture's. i think skafather84 is thinking about celtic cultures, though how you could confuse the two is beyond me :?

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 10:33 am

I'm very into it. I am a psychic and I practice pagen based magic regularly . I am very psychic I can talk to trees (which at first glance sounds a bit nuts.) I can see into the future and have regular dreams about it, I use these dreams to prevent bad things from happening. I'm thinking about doing my own psychic readings. I also do something not many people do , its called reading faces. I can see into a persons soul and tell then what they have done in the past and I can see there emotions, and all of the bad things in there life. Because I usually see the things they try the hardest to hide , I have a strict policy of confidentiality with the person I am doing the reading for.

I can not see auras but I can see them in my minds eye ( as apposed to someone who see there with there eyes open.
I am very empathic, which means I can feel people emotions.

I do pagen stuff I am more into the earth worship side of things. I guess you could call me a green witch . I confess I don't usually celebrate the holidays I usually only do the on Halloween which is called the samhain sabbat and I do a lot of my spell work without writing it out. but yea I'm really into it!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 10:38 am

hippies... :roll:

EDIT: nekkid females?! interesting! :wink:

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 10:57 am

NO ! I don't do those things! Please don't insult me. I am into pagen things but not that! I also believe in god I interpret him in my own way and I don't need a bible. By the way that book has been rewritten so many times it doesn't make any sense, so if you want the real deal go back to the dead seas scrolls.
I wish people would try and learn a few things about that religion rather then saying were all out dancing in the woods.
You cant do things like that any more there are std's I don't know about you but I don't really want that.
I have one man and one man only.
I don't have a problem with Christianity, other then the fact the there women are not equals( I don't want to argue that fact) But I don't mind people believing it as long as a women is allowed to leave the religion if she so chooses. And they can in this day and age.
LOL but if you want to know something interesting about how Christianity copied pagen beliefs , look into the real date that christ was born. They did this to get more popular then pagen's .

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:20 pm

just-me wrote:
By the way that book has been rewritten so many times it doesn't make any sense, so if you want the real deal go back to the dead seas scrolls.

Source? Today's Bible is identical to the original, and has better textual evidence for it than any other ancient writings.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:19 pm

Orwell wrote:
Source? Today's Bible is identical to the original, and has better textual evidence for it than any other ancient writings.
8O I wont even go there :roll:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:26 pm

just-me wrote:
Orwell wrote:
8O I wont even go there :roll:

Because you have nothing to back up your statements? Seriously, the Bible is better documented than any other ancient texts, and we can readily compare today's Bible to the Bible from centuries ago. They're the same. It has not been rewritten. Show me one scrap of evidence that the Bible has been rewritten.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:39 pm

My grandmothers bible is longer then my new one. The first few pages in my new one are like 10 times as long in my grandmothers one. Its the same bible, just an older edition . If your truly interested in learning about how the bible is rewritten then look into it. But if you just want to argue about it I want no part in it.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:47 pm

just-me wrote:
My grandmothers bible is longer then my new one. The first few pages in my new one are like 10 times as long in my grandmothers one.

So which is longer? You contradicted yourself.
just-me wrote:
If your truly interested in learning about how the bible is rewritten then look into it. But if you just want to argue about it I want no part in it.

So far I have seen no evidence that the Bible has been rewritten- certainly not from your grandmother's time. I've seen fairly old Bibles that are identical to today's. I asked for a source- if you know of any evidence that the Bible has been rewritten, yes I would be interested in seeing it. Every piece of evidence I've seen so far has indicated that the Bible we have today is the same as the original. Yes it has been translated many different times, and yes there are a wide variety of English translations available, but we still have the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts to refer back to.