Help! I'm hooked on mediocre hack n' slash games!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nomadic28
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2008, 12:45 am

Apparently, according to Game Informer and Gamespot, there must be something wrong with me. I seems to not bother me if a game lacks inventive gameplay, RPG depth (zzzzzz), and is basically a repetitive action game. I mean, what's better than knocking a bad guy's limbs and head off? Doing it over and over, duh! I dunno. I mean, sure there are some GREAT action games, and I like them too of course (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War), but they can't all be classics. I just don't have the patience for standard RPG's, I could care less about sports games (unless its racing).

atari2600a
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2008, 12:58 am

Why not play a game where you smash in the skulls of your enemies using your body weight & fire you throw at them, with the ultimate goal of killing a dragon with an axe?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 2:41 am

to be honest, most modern rpg's are losing the fun of them. it becomes like writing a report rather than playing a game.

i think rpg's are niching themselves too much. i don't have time anymore to dedicate hours to playing a game except on the weekends (and even so, i haven't picked up a game other than some classic gaming on my psp).