Page 1 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 6:58 am

How about hot chocolate?

What can you do?

I can open a tin, open a packet [of salad]; or put a frozen meal in the oven (I need my mother to prompt me many times to get around to eating). Plastic knives and forks as cutlery. I cannot make sandwiches, toast, "normal" meals, milk + cereal, hot chocolate, et cetera.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

29 Apr 2008, 7:06 am

i can cook well as long as its not in the oven. i microwave alot. I can make sanwiches and prefer spoons to any other utencil.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

29 Apr 2008, 7:36 am

If I was left on my own I would just not eat.

I can't touch milk unless someone has tried it first to make sure its not off.
I couldn't eat a frozen meal, I couldn't touch meat.
I probably couldn't do the shopping.

I can make a cup of tea, I can make toast, have any of the drinks I drink.
I don't use utensils so thats easy.

I could probably make fairy cakes at a push.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:04 am

I live mostly on sandwiches.

If it isn't something that fits between 4 slices of bread, chances are I'll make too much or too little.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:12 am

I typically just eat cereal or TV dinners around the house. And the rest of the time, I eat fast food. I never eat a ton of what I eat though. Just enough to fill me up.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:18 am

So we're just talking about what we can do without completely blowing up the kitchen, yes?

I could cook all by myself and I would not starve.

I'm a freestyle cooker. So I can't really say what I can cook, because I just try to do it the way it looks right. If it works, then it works. If it doesn't, well, then it may work next time. Or not.

I can't make meat and hot mild though. Or cook together with someone else.

Naturally, seeing how I am a girl, I had to take cooking classes for a whole year! It was hell. In the end, it worked and I am amazed by this outcome myself. Everything I've cooked in the past two years was edible and tasted just fine.

I'm supposed to cook tonight. Something with noodles. Yeah, right, I need to remember to read the receipt.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Apr 2008, 8:28 am

Yes I can make a sandwich. Infact, I am actually not too bad at cooking (including using a stove and oven) when I actually bother to try. Although I don't cook very often and mostly live on pre-packaged food such as tinned fruit/beans, nuts (cashews), crackers and hummus, pretzels, and dried fruit (apples & apricots).
And my mother cooks the dinner.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:32 am

Anything that involves more than a few functions and I...just cannot do it; turning the toaster on, opening the fridge, removing the bread after pulling off those stupid plastic clip-thingies, put bread in toaster, set timer, press button..., press lever to remove toast, carry toast over to a plate/whatever, go and get a knife; go and get something to put on top of it, which one needs to get from the fridge, go and get that and the aforementioned knife..., I've only done half of it, and blah.

Just typing that nearly sends me into shutdown mode.

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2008, 9:11 am

I can cook most things/make sandwiches, it's just a matter of following directions.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2008, 9:21 am

Danielismyname wrote:
How about hot chocolate?

What can you do?

I can open a tin, open a packet [of salad]; or put a frozen meal in the oven (I need my mother to prompt me many times to get around to eating). Plastic knives and forks as cutlery. I cannot make sandwiches, toast, "normal" meals, milk + cereal, hot chocolate, et cetera.

Cooking? That's what women are for!

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:22 am

tailfins1959 wrote:

:roll:

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2008, 9:41 am

Lightning88 wrote:
tailfins1959 wrote:

:roll:

Then why plenty of men are chefs?

To be on-topic: I can make ham and baloney sandwiches.

xyzyxx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:09 am

I can cook anything if I have a recipe or a set of instructions to follow. I like making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I also like Tombstone pizzas.

I can also make simple meals like hot dogs, sandwiches, and cold cereal without instructions.

I've never tried making something more complex, like a cake. Maybe I could do it with enough experience.

toboo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2008, 10:15 am

i can cook. if i plan way ahead. if i leave myself plenty of time. i've been cooking more lately. it's taken about 10 years to get to this point, though. my main problem is convincing myself to start cooking. so that i'm often just starting as my husband walks through the door.

cooking a holiday meal is impossible, though. i can't keep track of that many things.

but cookies, cakes, and simple meals, i can handle if i prepare myself for it.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:22 am

I'm quite a good cook. I love to make pasta dishes, curries, stir fries and traditional roast dinners. I dislike following recipes so always make the recipes up as I go along, they usually come out good with only the occasional disaster. Can't say as I'm fond of making pastry though - you have to follow rigid recipes or it doesn't turn out right. I enjoy making savoury cheese and onion scones - could just eat one right now. :D

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:34 am

I enjoy cooking.