Can anyone in England tell me WTF is up with this?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 3:43 pm

duncvis wrote:
The majority of Asian youths I know are perfectly law abiding and generally better behaved than their 'indigenous' counterparts. However there are several white estates near my home I will not set foot in after dark, and most of the anti-social behaviour, burglary and assaults are committed by white youths. I know race wasn't mentioned by ascan in his post but I thought it was worth mentioning in relation to politically correct policing. :)

Well, I don't believe race pre-disposes a person to criminal activity, duncvis. What I do believe, though, is that their culture as a function of that race, may in certain circumstances. The huge influx of foreigners into this country has caused problems. Could anyone seriously maintain it hasn't? To certain indigenous people, in certain areas, the immigration situation has severely disrupted their lives — you cannot throw a bunch of people with different religions, languages and a whole heap of issues imported from their home country, together and expect all to be tickety-boo. Jeez look at Northern Ireland, does that not prove a point? That's not to say it can't work, because it can, but it has to be done slowly in a controlled manner otherwise resentement grows on both sides. And to be honest, some indigenous folk have got plenty to be resentful about; though it would be best if that were directed at the government, who are the people responsible for the mess.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 3:50 pm

RobertN wrote:
Why is it you arbitarily oppose every single decent thing this state has brought in over the last 60 years, Ascan?

When did I do that?

RobertN wrote:
Can I ask you - are you in employment??

Self-employed.

RobertN wrote:
How much of your money goes to the state, if anything??

My monthly contributions probably cover your benefits, RobertN.

RobertN wrote:
Would you really benefit if the NHS is privatised tomorrow?

I've payed for all my treatment privately, coz the NHS are f*****g useless, unless you want a dose of MRSA.

RobertN wrote:
I think you will find that Thatcher was responsible for the decline of the country's civil behaviour over the last 20 years, with the dog-eat-dog attitude that was brought in at the time. People spend too much time earning megabucks and not enough time looking after their kids, who are running rampant.

I have a signed copy of her biography, old chap, and her picture in my study. :wink:

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:20 pm

In relation to political correct policing or more accurately courts and the law, one ned around here has been up to all sorts assault , robberies, bulgaries etc. He has even attacked oap's but he never recieved any jail time for it, then he got into an argument with the local shopkeeper and attacked him. This was deemed a racist attack (despite the fact he is a menace to everyone in the community) so he recieved a custodial sentance. More than justified but why is it now worse in the laws eyes to assault a young fit asian lad than a frail old white woman?

This and asians and different religious groups getting different getting their own groups and foreign language library stock taking up at least a third of my local library and centres via public funding is a case of pc going mad and causing more devisions. We should be encouraging integration not seperation. Are these policies an addmitance that integration isnt working?

If anyone wants to find out what races cause more crime they can check the statistics of the criminal justice system. Maybe after they read them we will have less silly talk of white people causing all the crime. If you cant find the statistics i will be happy to point them out for folks. However id rather we talked about the roots of the problem which is economics and a failure of the government and society as a whole rather than blame it on one race or another.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:28 pm

eamonn wrote:
... foreign language library stock taking up at least a third of my local library and centres via public funding is a case of pc going mad...

My father said something very similar when he visited, recently.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:30 pm

Ascan, are you expecting Robert and I to be ashamed for being disabled and on benefits? I have spinal problems made a lot worse due to being stupid enough to bust my hump for a wage that wasnt enough to keep my flat going. If it wasnt for my parents id probably be homeless. Im not going to lie in the gutter till i die no matter who thinks that i should.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:37 pm

ascan wrote:
To be honest, if you want to work, you can (unless you have some disability).

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:40 pm

Btw, I do have a painful chronic medical condition, which restricts what I can do, as well as Asperger's Syndrome. Both diagnosed by suitably qualified professionals.

So, I do sympathise with you both.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:46 pm

Oh right ok. Its just that i dont like people reminding me of them paying taxes to keep me when i already have a loss of self-esteem due to being on benefits.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:55 pm

eamonn wrote:
Oh right ok. Its just that i dont like people reminding me of them paying taxes to keep me when i already have a loss of self-esteem due to being on benefits.

Yes, I realise that was rather unseemly, but RobertN was asking for it, eamonn. And it was directed at him, not you.

Anyway, I apologise if I offended you, old sport.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:55 pm

I do agree that some of the race laws may be over the top in this country, but that is no excuse to go Muslim-bashing. All races should have equal rights, and minorities should be allowed to have their say in matters directly affecting them. Also, a point that racists may conveniently miss out when covering immigration, is that over 60% of immigration to this country is from developed white countries like the US, but they only deem the 40% of coloured immigrants to be a problem.

p.s. Ascan, I can sleep easier at night now, knowing that you are so kindly covering my Benefits. :wink:

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 4:59 pm

ascan wrote:
eamonn wrote:

Yes, I realise that was rather unseemly, but RobertN was asking for it, eamonn. And it was directed at him, not you.

Oh, I ask for it now, do I???

I was only asking a few questions related to your occupation and the NHS which you were under no legal obligation to answer.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:01 pm

RobertN wrote:
p.s. Ascan, I can sleep easier at night now, knowing that you are so kindly covering my Benefits. :wink:

That's jolly good, RobertN. I'll sleep with an easy conscience!

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:01 pm

ascan wrote:

No probs. Im not going to take 'the hump' over it. Get it :lol: (for those non-British readers, 'the hump' is slang for 'incapacity benefit' or any sickness benefit.)

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:04 pm

RobertN wrote:
Oh, I ask for it now, do I???

You do.

But so do I.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:08 pm

RobertN wrote:
Also, a point that racists may conveniently miss out when covering immigration, is that over 60% of immigration to this country is from developed white countries like the US, but they only deem the 40% of coloured immigrants to be a problem.

Do you have a credible source for those statistics? I take it you are talking about legal immigration which isnt the main problem. It is ilegal immigration and asylum seekers that are a bigger strain on the country and im afraid most of them are "coloured".

Also, please wait till someone says something racist before you brand them one. Mentioning problems with immigration doesnt automatically make you racist. It is a big problem and is becoming a lot bigger, that is another reason why we must strive to make 'third world' countries more prosperous.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:40 pm

the hump? I've never heard that one before.

anyway, in reply to a couple of points raised:

regarding race and criminal behaviour - my observation was based on how things are around here. There are problems in the local Asian community with gang culture, and that is the cause of most of the trouble. This covers such things as carjacking, organised crime (drugs, car 'ringing', insurance scams mainly), and turf wars. As regards the statistics, these are only as good as the forces' arrest records/incidents reported.

ascan, a question for you. you assert that our dependency culture has been caused by abdication of responsibility in favour of the state. what caused this shift, in your opinion? I agree that it has happened, however I believe that this happened during the Tory years of the 1980s as a result of mass unemployment. A way of life was destroyed; if nobody in the family works, and there are no jobs worth trying for after school, why bother to try? There is now some work here, such as it is (crappy part time shop jobs at minimum wage, 'contact centres'), but no one wants it. The damage is done.

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!