Name your favorite political leaders of all time.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:15 pm

Name your favorite political leaders of all time.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:44 pm

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson (I generally liked his philosophy, but he loses points for the Louisiana Purchase)
Abbie Hoffman
Norton I (For the hell of it)

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:41 pm

Jefferson & Teddy Roosevelt

Pol-pot had his good points also. 8O

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

Abbie Hoffman should have been shot for treason along with the rest of the antiwar protest leaders and thousands more jailed for years.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

DejaQ wrote:
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson (I generally liked his philosophy, but he loses points for the Louisiana Purchase)
Abbie Hoffman

Why does he lose points for the Louisiana Purchase? Would you rather have it populated by Frenchies? :wink:

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:12 pm

Cyanide wrote:
DejaQ wrote:
George Washington
Abbie Hoffman

Why does he lose points for the Louisiana Purchase? Would you rather have it populated by Frenchies? :wink:

Well, it was the first major act of U.S. imperialism, which strikes me as ironic since the country was founded by a bunch of people who wanted freedom from an empire. Jefferson was there - why didn't he care? :roll:

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:13 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Abbie Hoffman should have been shot for treason along with the rest of the antiwar protest leaders and thousands more jailed for years.

Yeah, it's a shame when people get in the way of the state's interests, huh? :P

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:09 pm

David Langee, he was a prime minister of New Zealand

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHTziiFVx0[/youtube]

He put up with any crap from the USA. :wink:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:56 pm

Bill Clinton... people only remember him for being horny, and leave out the point that he provided the US with 8 years of sustained economic growth, as well as the only budget surplus in modern times (i think in the entire history of the US as well, but not sure)... so much for "tax-and-spend"... Now if only he could talk some sense into that wife of his...

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:58 pm

DejaQ wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

If they didn't like it, they should have gone to russia and joined that side.

Our military had them creamed after TET failed and if it wasn't for the traitors the war probably would have ended a lot sooner and fewer people would have died and the POW's would have come homes years sooner.

Pol-pot and the khemr rouge wouldn't have killed millions of people, the hippies caused millions to die in southeast asia. That is why they want us to fail in Iraq, if we suceed they all look like the scum they are.
Hippies turned yuppie scum are the scum of the earth.
Vermont is full of traitors, yuppie scum hippies everywhere up here.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 8:00 pm

cato ghenis khan vlad tepish george washinton thomas jefferson andrew jackson thomas polk otto von bismarck fransico franco agusto pinochote the shah of iran ronald reagan margerate thatcher
john paul the second.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:52 am

Johnnie wrote:
DejaQ wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Our military had them creamed after TET failed and if it wasn't for the traitors the war probably would have ended a lot sooner and fewer people would have died and the POW's would have come homes years sooner.

Pol-pot and the khemr rouge wouldn't have killed millions of people, the hippies caused millions to die in southeast asia. That is why they want us to fail in Iraq, if we suceed they all look like the scum they are.

WHY DIDN'T TRUMANN ACCEPT MINH'S REQUEST?!?!?!

DAMN THE CONTAINMENT POLICY! DAMN THEM ALL!! !!

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 8:22 am

Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub. He was so cool. ^^

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 2:45 pm

Johnnie wrote:
DejaQ wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Eric Cartman? Is that you?

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 3:37 pm

Delirium wrote:
Eric Cartman? Is that you?

:P

It's difficult to win wars like Vietnam and Iraq because lots of times the other army doesn't wear a uniform - they're only associated really in their beliefs (communism, terrorism, etc.)

And Johnny, you really think that hippies would enjoy an authoritarian, militaristic country like the USSR? :P The only thing hippies wanted that could be (theoretically) found in the USSR was class equality, which was kind of offset by the government's power. Hippies were about peace and love, they didn't want to hurt people. Yippies...a bit rowdier :lol: but I'm not sure they actually wanted to harm people (just make a mockery of the establishment).

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:33 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Bill Clinton... people only remember him for being horny, and leave out the point that he provided the US with 8 years of sustained economic growth, as well as the only budget surplus in modern times (i think in the entire history of the US as well, but not sure)... so much for "tax-and-spend"... Now if only he could talk some sense into that wife of his...

No, we had large budget surpluses during much of the 1800s. That's how we paid off debts incurred during wartime... by spending less money and paying off the debt. During the Gilded Age, the budget surplus was actually viewed as a political scandal because there was so much extra money lying around in the Treasury that the government was not spending. We haven't had that problem in a very long time.