Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joeygeorge
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2008, 6:53 pm

work have been pestering me to get diagnosed i dont want to doctor said they cant force u if they sack me ill get a tribunal going.
he said will stop me travling to usa cnada and australian unless am a multimillionaire what are ppl veiws on this pm me please or reply

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:02 pm

They can't stop you from traveling because you have an autism spectrum disorder. And in my opinion it'd be better to have a diagnosis for work, because if the fire you, you could probably sue them easier.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:15 pm

People with autism travel all the time...why would he say something like that??That is just bizarre.

The only problem with getting a DX is that some people say it is harder to get medical insurence if your not getting it through work. WHy does your wrk want you to get the diagnosis...what is the benifit to them???

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 10:07 pm

I don't know about your autism, but your spelling and grammar are atrocious. Your writing is difficult to understand.

Sorry.

Please clarify.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 10:19 pm

Joeygeorge wrote:
work have been pestering me to get diagnosed i dont want to doctor said they cant force u if they sack me ill get a tribunal going.
he said will stop me travling to usa cnada and australian unless am a multimillionaire what are ppl veiws on this pm me please or reply

well, it takes almost a multimillionaire to travel to canada and australia from where I live, so even if I have the freedom to do it, I don't have the money.

Merle

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 6:08 am

autism won't stop you travelling. a diagnosis would be useful though.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 7:36 am

I'm aspergic and I've travelled very extensively, why would it stop you travelling? That's just ridiculous.

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2008, 9:07 am

I think it would be better for you to get a diagnosis - it can make life much easier, from the help side of things anyway.. well better than life would have been without help, I guess - and as for the travelling thing, I have no idea why he said that.

I have AS and I have been to Japan, New Zealand, Colorado and all over the world on a GAP year.. and all on my own too. I am very proud of myself! :wink:

M02
Raven
Raven

13 May 2008, 12:39 pm

Do you mean emmigration or just travel?