Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 11:55 pm

You'd have to ask my girlfriend :roll: She's always calling me cute for one thing or another.

She kind of thinks my rocking is cute, but she always tells me to stop because it makes her seasick =(

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 3:16 am

anbuend wrote:
When I got older I did the exact same thing in front of the wrong people and psychiatrists went "OMGWTFBBQ, she's regressing to the fetal position in the closet, this must be evidence of Bad Things."

Actually... that goes for my happy dance too, and a whole lot of other things that mysteriously went from cute-and-harmless to defective-and-hopeless for no apparent reason, as far as how other people saw them.
:lol: yourtheraphist is nuts

Mirage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2008, 1:42 pm

Odarp wrote:
Yeah for some reason sitting with my legs on the chair and my arms wraped around them means im having problems (actually thats what I do when im peaceful) when it used to be "weird" XD

i ALWAYS do that when i am in class, sitting at home or in the car (dont worry i dont drive), and i dont see how its a problem. It calms me and i feel more at ease when i'm curled up in a ball... If im not freaking out or bugging anyone why do i have to sit "normally" and not curl up? NTs confuse me, why can't i just sit how i like?

My random quotes from books, and somtimes i speak in Shakespearean, or with random accents... my best friend thinks it cute when i speak in the third person... but no one else seems to think it is!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 2:33 pm

When I was a kid, I used make up my own units of measure. They were vaguely based on the metric system. Most often it would be the word "meter" with a made-up prefix attached to it. I used those units to measure distances between places I went and the height of buildings I saw. (To give you some frame of reference, a 1/2-mile distance between my preschool and home converted to about 7 units. A local candy store I liked to go to was 2 units away.) Apparently, a foot produced way too large a number in measurement, a mile was too large in and of itself, so I made up my own units as a solution.)

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 3:15 pm

Odarp wrote:
anbuend wrote:
When I was little I often curled up (often inside cramped spaces or under things, but also just to sit there) and my parents would go "Awwwww, she's curling up small."

When I got older I did the exact same thing in front of the wrong people and psychiatrists went "OMGWTFBBQ, she's regressing to the fetal position in the closet, this must be evidence of Bad Things."

Actually... that goes for my happy dance too, and a whole lot of other things that mysteriously went from cute-and-harmless to defective-and-hopeless for no apparent reason, as far as how other people saw them.

Yeah for some reason sitting with my legs on the chair and my arms wraped around them means im having problems (actually thats what I do when im peaceful) when it used to be "weird" XD

yeah im like that when im in a really pleasant kinda fuzzy mood, normally with my t-shirt or top pulled over my knee's, i think nt's have some pretty strange psychological reactions to things they don't understand, so strange in fact that they should probably be medicated for it. :?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 4:20 pm

Justthatgirl11 wrote:
One day we went to eat chinese at P.F. Chang's and my son decided to keep going through the revolving door, so I had to limit him to 3 rounds. I looked at the host preparing to seat us and said, "He's autistic." (I don't normally, but it felt ok in this instance.) The host smiled and said, "Oh, I have a cousin w/ autism. It's ok!" So I responded, "Oh, good! Well, we're gonna flap in a minute." :lol: We both laughed and it was really a relief to be able to connect w/ someone that was not judging us negatively or giving me the "bad parent" vibe.

It's also cute when he gets into his literal thinking mode.

Oh, my brother was about 6 when he told my mom, "When I grow up, I want to be a stoplight or a bird."

I was drinking a root beer one day when the same brother told me, "I'm telling!" Ok, no idea why, so I had to ask. "Because it's against the LAW to drink and drive!" (We're 11 yrs 8mos apart so I was driving.)

Indeed.

And that brother is not dx'd at all. I have not given any thought to it for him, actually. My other bro is definitely aspie, though he refuses to accept or admit it.

Well, the idea of "drinking" IS stupid! STILL, he MIGHT have understood THAT and figured rootBEER!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 4:31 pm

I point out every royal blue car i see in the car and doesnt matter what day im having or what day anybody else is having as soon as i see a royal blue car i point it out, get really giddy, handflap and do this weird screech sound, which makes everybody in the car smile as well. HAHa the little things that make my day haha...

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2008, 4:48 pm

Age1600 wrote:
I point out every royal blue car i see in the car and doesnt matter what day im having or what day anybody else is having as soon as i see a royal blue car i point it out, get really giddy, handflap and do this weird screech sound, which makes everybody in the car smile as well. HAHa the little things that make my day haha...

I know exaclty what you're talking about, because I do the exact same thing. When I get really happy or excited I'll squeal and flap my hands. It seems to happen most often at the lnuch table. I don't know if my friends and family think it's cute or not, but everyond around me tends to smile and become excited too.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 5:46 pm

Age1600 wrote:

I do that around electricity substations, and nobody ever gets what I'm pointing at.

nomadic28
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2008, 12:12 am

sim wrote:
nomadic28 wrote:
My wife thinks my unprovoked, random soliloquies are cute.

I got annoyed when I was called cute for those, because the times I actually expected anyone to listen I was just being ignored. "Oh, there he goes again! What? No, you don't have to actually listen to what he's saying." *stops talking and stays quiet the rest of the day*

Yeah, my wife has actually told me that sometimes she's not listening, just watching my mouth move and thinking "awwww, its talking!" :oops: :roll: 8)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 2:05 pm

Among other things, apparently she thinks it's cute when I make up songs about things I observe...

...and she really, REALLY likes to tickle me :x I let her have this small pleasure, but I make her stop if it gets too extreme...and she makes ME stop when I start screaming too loud :roll:

Kindern
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2008, 2:09 pm

when i smell something i dont like i do a very short sharp snort outwards and flick my head like a dog or a bull... its been described both as "cute like a puppy" and "psychotic"

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 2:27 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Justthatgirl11 wrote:
One day we went to eat chinese at P.F. Chang's and my son decided to keep going through the revolving door, so I had to limit him to 3 rounds. I looked at the host preparing to seat us and said, "He's autistic." (I don't normally, but it felt ok in this instance.) The host smiled and said, "Oh, I have a cousin w/ autism. It's ok!" So I responded, "Oh, good! Well, we're gonna flap in a minute." :lol: We both laughed and it was really a relief to be able to connect w/ someone that was not judging us negatively or giving me the "bad parent" vibe.

It's also cute when he gets into his literal thinking mode.

Oh, my brother was about 6 when he told my mom, "When I grow up, I want to be a stoplight or a bird."

I was drinking a root beer one day when the same brother told me, "I'm telling!" Ok, no idea why, so I had to ask. "Because it's against the LAW to drink and drive!" (We're 11 yrs 8mos apart so I was driving.)

Indeed.

And that brother is not dx'd at all. I have not given any thought to it for him, actually. My other bro is definitely aspie, though he refuses to accept or admit it.

Well, the idea of "drinking" IS stupid! STILL, he MIGHT have understood THAT and figured rootBEER!

I wondered if that was the case. My son seemed to have the same thought about root beer. Thought it was real beer, thought he was so scandalous for drinking it. HAHAHA!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 2:59 pm

Kindern wrote:
when i smell something i dont like i do a very short sharp snort outwards and flick my head like a dog or a bull...

Ugh...my girlfriend likes to find random candles and put them in front of my face when we're out shopping :x

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:22 pm

My boyfriend finds it cute when I stutter and hesitate as I try to find the most precise word to express my thoughts.
Also when I am go into "literal mode." :lol:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/