04 May 2008, 11:01 pm

Who's ever had Macaroni Casserole, its sort of a 1960's comfort food,
basically is mac n cheese, with a cornflake crumb crust on top

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:07 pm

Justthatgirl11 wrote:
Whole Foods had a recipe once that was TO DIE FOR. Cavatappi noodles, 5 different cheeses, and some fresh bread crumbs sprinkled on top. FANTASTIC. I don't remember the spices it had, or all of the cheeses, and I can't find the recipe anywhere which is really depressing!

I remember some of the cheeses were asiago, parmesan, cheddar, and romano. I can't remember the last one. Maybe Colby or Monterrey Jack?

:) See if this is anything like the one you remembered:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/cgi-bin ... heese.html

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:11 am

I also make a fancy Italian version called pasta quattro fromagi. It's made from a simple white sauce, and a blend of Fontina, Gorgonzola, Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses. It's not at all similar to mac and cheese in taste, but it's similar in style. I love Gorgonzola cheese, so I really like this pasta. I also put Gorgonzola on white pizza that I make, and on hamburgers with bacon and chipotle mayo. Does it show that I like to cook?

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2008, 8:07 am

CityAsylum wrote:
Justthatgirl11 wrote:
Whole Foods had a recipe once that was TO DIE FOR. Cavatappi noodles, 5 different cheeses, and some fresh bread crumbs sprinkled on top. FANTASTIC. I don't remember the spices it had, or all of the cheeses, and I can't find the recipe anywhere which is really depressing!

I remember some of the cheeses were asiago, parmesan, cheddar, and romano. I can't remember the last one. Maybe Colby or Monterrey Jack?

:) See if this is anything like the one you remembered:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/cgi-bin ... heese.html

Nope. Nothing like it. :(

Does look tasty, though.