Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

04 May 2008, 1:07 am

Today we had a family outing. A ferry ride, then we went to Southbank and ran into Buddha's Birthday Festival.

There were giant Buddha statues and also little Buddha statues sitting in water. There were these little ladles and we saw a lady showing her son how to dip the ladle in water and pour water over the Buddha.

My sons thought this was fantastic. They each had a ladle and were pouring water over the Buddha over and over and over again.

A Buddhist monk came over and told us you're only supposed to pour water on the Buddha 3 times. But there was no stopping my sons. The Buddhist monk was getting quite upset - my boys poured the water over about 50 times.

So we left, and my 9 year old son says, 'Buddha was a man with exceptionally large ears'. My 8 year repeated this 50 times in a row.

We went to an Italian restaurant. There was a 6 foot elephant statue in the middle of the Italian restaurant. My 8 year old starting 'fighting' the elephant - putting on a fine performance with his Taekwondo kicks, blocks and punches.

Never boredom when you go out with my sons.

Helen

ster
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:11 am

all too familiar here ! :lol:

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 4:38 am

:D

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex