Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 5:26 pm

hecate wrote:
mikibacsi1124 wrote:
First off, and I don't mean this to be rude, but you meant the other 95%, right?

people who think i'm shy- 90%
people who think i'm rude- 5%
people who think i'm "cute"- 5%
TOTAL = 100%

maths is not my strong point (dyscalculia) but i think i got this one right.

Oops!! Sorry bout that, I'm the one who screwed up here.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 5:28 pm

Serissa wrote:
I think the worst thing I've been accused of being is "cuddly." That, I think, trumps "sweet" by a large margin. It made me seem [...] like I was actually willing to touch the person calling me that .

Yeah...and see I wish I'd get called "cuddly" for the exact same reason. Well, as long as it was by a member of the opposite sex.

pernicious_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2005, 8:56 pm

...I hate to break it to you but if someone says you are cuddly that means you are physically attractive, and not strictly fat as you suggest. Attractiveness is not bound by weight either... but this is a discussion for another day.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 9:03 pm

pernicious_penguin wrote:
...I hate to break it to you but if someone says you are cuddly that means you are physically attractive, and not strictly fat as you suggest. Attractiveness is not bound by weight either... but this is a discussion for another day.

There is also fugly, which variously means fat and ugly or f**kably ugly. The idea is that physical repugnancy might actually induce a more primal lust.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 6:36 am

I thought that just meant 'very ugly' :?

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 7:23 am

I forgot to mention this in my original post but "cute" seems to be the most common way of describing how I currently look. Better than "fugly" (or fugly by NH's definition) but not by much.

NeantHumain wrote:
pernicious_penguin wrote:

There is also fugly, which variously means fat and ugly or f**kably ugly. The idea is that physical repugnancy might actually induce a more primal lust.

I didn't know that, about "fugly." O_o

And I am about 99.9% sure he was trying to be annoying. People like to piss me off by feining affection.

Last edited by Serissa on 18 Oct 2005, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 8:09 am

No one really calls me 'sweet' except Serissa.

Davius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2005, 4:53 pm

I've been called "a sweetie" several times before. I wasn't sure why, but I thought it was a good thing and took it as a compliment.

Was I wrong to do so?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 5:04 pm

Sorry. I can be creepy. I can be crazy. I can be odd. But I'm the farthest thing from cuddly walking the Earth right now. Well, if you ask me. A few people have fun hugging me for some reason.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 6:25 pm

hmm not too many people have told me i'm cute, just when i'm being nice to them i guess , and really supportive - i'm seen as more of a vixen, actually (completely not my personality)... a really really ditzy one!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 7:47 pm

iamlucille wrote:
hmm not too many people have told me i'm cute, just when i'm being nice to them i guess , and really supportive - i'm seen as more of a vixen, actually (completely not my personality)... a really really ditzy one!

You're seen as a vixen but not because of your personality? I sincerely hope you're not complaining about that aspect. :P But being seen as ditzy would be annoying. Like, totally annoying. I think I'd just die.

Please note that I used Valley girl lingo there.

Civet wrote:
Seeing as how I'm really short, I get that from people all the time. I got used to it, and have learned just to take it as a compliment. It's better than people talking down to me like I'm a child, which is something I also get.

Heehee- check the "evil twin" thread! It's no cooincidence we both get called "cute" a lot!

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 9:18 pm

I get this too... I get labelled shy, childish or rude :cry: Or all three!

Why do they never say "aww, you're sooo average!"??? :lol:

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 9:56 pm

Serissa wrote:
Like, totally annoying. I think I'd just die.

Please note that I used Valley girl lingo there.

LOL. who thinks we should start a "talk like a valley girl" thread?! that would be, like, so cool. :D

pernicious_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Oct 2005, 4:18 am

nm!

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2005, 4:43 pm

I can relate to feeling that way to the patronization! :D

Knight-Errant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2005, 5:02 pm

I've been called cute, cuddly and other things, but for some reason didn't take any of them for compliments at the time...