Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:19 pm

they are working so hard...

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

04 May 2008, 7:31 pm

Good, the SOB's or happy enough to take our money. Then they want to use any rationale to not honor their end of the contract. Good post MysteryFan! :D

psych
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 8:31 pm

Heres the DNA legislation they DONT want you to know about:

The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1858
http://www.britanniaradio.co.uk/?q=node/11364

Quote:
President Bush last week signed into law a bill which will see the federal government begin to screen the DNA of all newborn babies in the U.S. within six months, a move critics have described as the first step towards the establishment of a national DNA database.
Sections of the bill also make it clear that DNA may be used in genetic experiments and tests.
Brase states that S.1858 and H.R. 3825, the House version of the bill, will:

Establish a national list of genetic conditions for which newborns and children are to be tested.
Establish protocols for the linking and sharing of genetic test results nationwide.
Build surveillance systems for tracking the health status and health outcomes of individuals diagnosed at birth with a genetic defect or trait.
Use the newborn screening program as an opportunity for government agencies to identify, list, and study "secondary conditions" of individuals and their families.
Subject citizens to genetic research without their knowledge or consent.

"Soon, under this bill, the DNA of all citizens will be housed in government genomic biobanks and considered governmental property for government research," Brase writes. "The DNA taken at birth from every citizen is essentially owned by the government, and every citizen becomes a potential subject of government-sponsored genetic research."

"The public is clueless. S. 1858 imposes a federal agenda of DNA databanking and population-wide genetic research. It does not require consent and there are no requirements to fully inform parents about the warehousing of their child's DNA for the purpose of genetic research."

Actually, now i think about it this is quite relevant to the 'cure' autism debate...

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 8:57 pm

Well, they're not going to screw with my future children's DNA. I'll incapacitate every doctor in the delivery room if I have to...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Heron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2008, 9:48 pm

I think George Bush would have benifited greatly from gene therapy.

The_Q
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2008, 12:34 am

Heron wrote:

Very much so.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:43 am

Heron wrote:

Does complete replacement fall under therapy? :?

The NPR news quiz "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" pointed that G.W. is one person you don't want around a magic wand. Even though it should be hard to mess up "abra cadabra". "You all may wonder why I have antlers, heh, heh."

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 1:24 am

Heron wrote:

Clinton believed in jean therapy... particularly his jeans being therapied....

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 4:05 am

psych wrote:
Heres the DNA legislation they DONT want you to know about:

The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1858
http://www.britanniaradio.co.uk/?q=node/11364

Quote:
President Bush last week signed into law a bill which will see the federal government begin to screen the DNA of all newborn babies in the U.S. within six months, a move critics have described as the first step towards the establishment of a national DNA database.
Sections of the bill also make it clear that DNA may be used in genetic experiments and tests.
Brase states that S.1858 and H.R. 3825, the House version of the bill, will:

Establish a national list of genetic conditions for which newborns and children are to be tested.
Establish protocols for the linking and sharing of genetic test results nationwide.
Build surveillance systems for tracking the health status and health outcomes of individuals diagnosed at birth with a genetic defect or trait.
Use the newborn screening program as an opportunity for government agencies to identify, list, and study "secondary conditions" of individuals and their families.
Subject citizens to genetic research without their knowledge or consent.

"Soon, under this bill, the DNA of all citizens will be housed in government genomic biobanks and considered governmental property for government research," Brase writes. "The DNA taken at birth from every citizen is essentially owned by the government, and every citizen becomes a potential subject of government-sponsored genetic research."

"The public is clueless. S. 1858 imposes a federal agenda of DNA databanking and population-wide genetic research. It does not require consent and there are no requirements to fully inform parents about the warehousing of their child's DNA for the purpose of genetic research."

Actually, now i think about it this is quite relevant to the 'cure' autism debate...

I was wondering why Ron Paul said no to this bill and now I know why. :)

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2008, 2:07 pm

He can pass this but not stem cell research thats awfuly odd its alright to preform genetic expriments without consent but stem cells are completey immoral. This is gonna lead to discrimination this countrys going down the toilet. I dont mind gene therpy but I dont want to cured.