When you feel emotions do you ever go insane?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2008, 9:22 am

I've been having this problem for some time. Everytime I'm angry, I stay angry then I start to feel happy for no reason. I'm going crazy. I don't stim, I don't think I ever do. I have all this stuff racing in my head. I always have a weird posture, I can't describe what it is. I have meds that calm me down, but it never seems to work.

Help? I need to learn how to control my emotions. I lose my ability to think straight. I end up saying and doing things out of character. I'm always pacing and hyper.

DevonB
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2008, 11:23 am

I know exactly how you are feeling. From your description, I felt it precisely.

I happen to have started taking risperidone and celexa, which for me works wonders. I still get it a little, but it seems to take the edge off really well.

There are moments when I thought I should just institutionalize myself because I couldn't function. Granted I'm older than you are, but I was younger than you when it started. I don't know exactly what it is related to (although I've been told many times depression), and I don't care as long as I can manage it.

Hang in, guy. I also have ADD which caused me to be unable to focus. It does get better. Talk to your doctor, and don't let them blow it off. Life is worth it if you find a way to manage it. It'll make living alot better.