Do you edit your posts multiple times after you post them?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 4:09 pm

yup

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2008, 5:10 pm

Sometimes I edit after I post, but often, I spend more time re-reading everything, than I do writing it. I have a habit of changing things, correcting spelling and grammar, even re-writing the whole entire thing out sometimes 2 or 3 times before I'm satisfied with my post. This one is no exception.

tbam
Raven
Raven

07 May 2008, 5:49 pm

Hell Yeah! Great post!

I do it all the time, exactly as you said it. I find spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, paragraphs that don't quite sit right and edit them, hopefully before anyone replies.

I don't just limit it to emails though, any kind of digital written communication or documentation I got super-anal-retentive on. Its especially bad when doing uni assignments as I tend to lose my momentum when I'm typing as I'll notice a mistake and HAVE to go back and fix it. hehe

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2008, 5:55 pm

It's unusual if I don't go back and edit my posts. Even if I don't edit or change anything. my anxiety still makes me push the button to edit it.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 5:57 pm

I do that a lot as well. I'm pretty anal about mistakes and paragraphs that don't sit right with me for some reason.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 6:10 pm

Well this is an odd question.

No. But I subject my posts to a grueling process of proofreading and multiple drafts before I throw them in the garbage.

Yes, scary to think, this really is the best crap I can come up with 8O

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2008, 7:18 pm

I do that more often than not, I think.

Encyclopedia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2008, 7:22 pm

Usually. I even preview most of my posts first. Multiple times.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 7:25 pm

not usually, i normally catch the typos before I post but tonight I've had to correct multiple posts before it was spelled right.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2008, 12:50 am

Yes. Almost every post more than a couple sentances long, I end up redoing many times so it might make a bit of sense. xD

I even edited this one just now.

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2008, 1:17 am

sgrannel wrote:
Sure. Too bad you can't do that with spoken language. Or a course of action. The ability to edit and reedit would make James Bond out of all of us. Wouldn't that be exciting?

Oh man, isn't that the truth? That would be great!

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 2:26 am

No, but I agonize over them while writing and will add or remove entire sections. "Am I saying enough?" "Am I saying too much?" "Is anyone going to care about this?" "Am I blathering on again?" The answer to the last is usually yes.

Patricia

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2008, 5:25 am

I check a few times before I post. I don't like it to say "edited" at the bottom. On my own forum, I have the power to delete posts so I sometimes delete the whole post to correct something, because I don't want that messy "edited at 5pm" at the bottom. I also don't want people to wonder why I edited, and think I said something bad.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 5:52 am

I do also. It is usually only literally 1-2 spelling errors, or some problem caused by my latest foible(spelling what I kind of hear in my mind, as opposed to subconsciously thinking about context as I used to.) Sometimes it is a feeble attempt to clarify things, or counter an argument I KNOW would otherwise occur.

It isn't like I LOOK for this stuff after the fact, I just happen to notice, or even remember.

Sometimes I post a double entendre, and try to remove the confusion before anyone misinterprets. Sometimes, it is merely bowdlerization.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 6:49 am

& I thought it was just me!

Seriously, no matter how much care I take in going over & over what I have written before I submit something, I still manage to find errors in the completed article, meaning that I have to edit it.

It really annoys me when I don't have time to do this, & weeks/months later find one of my posts with a mistake in!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 11:30 am

Post haste topic

In our rush to type we often make errors. I find it easier to edit on a computer than with written language on paper. Some people do not mind mistakes, typos or otherwise.

Some mistakes do not come through until the post is viewed on the message board. Some people change their minds and delete/edit their posts.

This is an interesting topic, and one to keep around. It would be interesting to find out what it morphs into! :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo