Yet more data showing conservatives happier than libs

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 2:19 pm

Odin wrote:
Ragtime is showing that it's no use arguing with him because his view of reality is so distorted.

Funny, I concluded the exact same thing about you a couple weeks ago.
Therefore, all the responses I make to your posts are for other people besides you to read.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 2:21 pm

Odin wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Conservativism means continuing to do what has worked.
Liberalism means forsaking what has worked for the sake of trying what hasn't.

Conservatism = Preserving oppressive social relations using appeals to tradition, religion, and fear.

As opposed to you, who is so nice and gentle-hearted? :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 2:25 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Weren't you comparing Liberalism to Hedonism before? Yet...you're trying to convert Liberals with pleasure?

Conservatives are more content. Healthy contentment is not hedonism; it is the exact opposite.
Hedonism ruthlessly seeks after pleasure all day long, mowing down everything in its path.
Healthy contentment is, well, maturity!

DeanFoley wrote:
Liberals are kind, thoughtful people, willing to sacrifice some of their own life so other's can enjoy their's. With all the injustice in the world, it'll take a really strong effort to solve it.

Many liberals' motives are pure, I don't doubt, but combining that with liberalism (which means using methods that don't work) still gets you zilch in the results department. That's why God loves the liberal (many of whom care), but hates the liberalism (their incompentence at solving problems).

Read my sig. Would you rather try what works, or what doesn't? Answer the question please.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2008, 2:29 pm

1) Atheist. Don't care ''What God loves'' since I don't think he's there.

2) Conservatism doesn't work. Conservatism is ''Leave the world how it is.'' Liberalism is ''Find a way to better the world''. Maybe Liberalism doesn't always suceed the first time round, but the world is awful right now. Something needs to be done.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:09 pm

Most of the founding fathers of the US were liberals in their times. They certainly weren't clinging to the established social order of the day (monarchy), but were willing to try something new.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:14 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Maybe Liberalism doesn't always suceed the first time round, but the world is awful right now.

Because of Liberalism! :o

Conservative means being personally responsible, and if everyone in the world had a strong sense of personal responsibility, the world wouldn't have even 1/10th of the problems it does right now.
Instead, people accept liberal premises, and society naturally decays.

DeanFoley wrote:
Something needs to be done.

Darn right!

Last edited by Ragtime on 08 May 2008, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:21 pm

monty wrote:
Most of the founding fathers of the US were liberals in their times. They certainly weren't clinging to the established social order of the day (monarchy), but were willing to try something new.

Well, Alexander Hamilton seemed to be attached the established social order, really though, the US hadn't been a part of the established social order of the day anyway, as the colonies were self-governing for many many years before the French and Indian war and the American revolution, so to the colonies what was new was interdependence and some of the business taken care of by the British. Frankly, the restoration of self-government in the colonies was an act to restore the past and the American revolution has often been described as a conservative revolution as the revolutionaries had conservative aims to a good extent, after all, they weren't against a monarchy, just one that intervened in their business.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:37 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Odin wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Conservatism = Preserving oppressive social relations using appeals to tradition, religion, and fear.

If you actually knew me you would know that I am a kind, compassionate gentleman. It's just that hearing or reading BS makes me grumpy...

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:53 pm

Odin wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Odin wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

If you actually knew me you would know that I am a kind, compassionate gentleman. It's just that hearing or reading BS makes me grumpy...

Well if you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism,
you come off like an ogre ready to rip the arms off of
all those posters who have disagreed with you.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 4:30 pm

Ragtime wrote:

And the functional difference between anti-left radicals and true conservatives would be...?
I see none.

Arguing and bickering doesn't work for the liberals, why would it work for Rush and Ann?

I really don't like them. They give me a bad name :(

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 6:12 pm

Ragtime wrote:
I really don't mean to use hyperbole here, but would you prefer being God's friend or Satan's? (You must assume they exist for this exercise, of course.)
Actually, I am more compelled to correct your theology. According to Job, Satan was clearly a faithful servant of God. Shouldn't you have learned this in your studies, Ragtime? Or do you study your religion at all?

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 6:21 pm

Griff wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
I really don't mean to use hyperbole here, but would you prefer being God's friend or Satan's? (You must assume they exist for this exercise, of course.)
Actually, I am more compelled to correct your theology. According to Job, Satan was clearly a faithful servant of God. Shouldn't you have learned this in your studies, Ragtime? Or do you study your religion at all?

Of course, every being is a servant of the Creator (how can He be Omnipotent if the creation were rebellious?). If they weren't then he wouldn't be Lord.

Such is the problem with duality.

Last edited by oscuria on 08 May 2008, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 6:21 pm

Griff wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Griff wrote:
Rush Limbaugh is an inked and dyed psychopath, plain and simple.

Michael Moore is like the anti-Rush. :lol: Two fat, middle-aged guys...
Well, I'll give you that.

Quote:
except Rush got in line twice when God passed out brains.
The second time was in Michael's place, after he dazedly stepped
out of line to go stick his head up Castro's butt. :lol:
Dude, please don't make me argue on behalf of Michael Moore. I'd never be able to look myself in the mirror again. Frankly, I don't know which is crazier.

you don't have to argue for michael moore to state that rush limbaugh is still an idiot with severe mental problems. just...michael moore is also an idiot with severe mental problems.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:18 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Griff wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Griff wrote:
Rush Limbaugh is an inked and dyed psychopath, plain and simple.

Michael Moore is like the anti-Rush. :lol: Two fat, middle-aged guys...
Well, I'll give you that.

Quote:
except Rush got in line twice when God passed out brains.
The second time was in Michael's place, after he dazedly stepped
out of line to go stick his head up Castro's butt. :lol:
Dude, please don't make me argue on behalf of Michael Moore. I'd never be able to look myself in the mirror again. Frankly, I don't know which is crazier.

you don't have to argue for michael moore to state that rush limbaugh is still an idiot with severe mental problems. just...michael moore is also an idiot with severe mental problems.

Truth and lies on every side.