Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 May 2008, 9:28 pm

Once at a scouting event at MIS racetrack (a bicycle event last october) I became dehydrated severely in the hot weather. We almost refilled our water and I got a huge headache. I went to the first aid tent and they gave me water. I puked it up, and they started talking about an IV. The drivers were practicing so they called my dad on his cell. 5 minutes later I was on an IV. They had to wait for another ambulance because of the racers.

More recently, I was hit by a car while delivering news papers. I was awake because it only hit my bike and I managed not to hit my head. I ran screaming S*** S*** S*** until someone said to lie down. Soon an ambulance was there and I was in a neck brace, well the fire dept came first. About 10 minutes later I was in a bed. My mom and stepdad were there. Later my dad came and I had X-Rays. I was fine, but couldnt deliver papers or do gym for a week. Also I could barely walk for 2 days. My only lasting problem is im afraid of Jay walking now. Oh yeah, I got a new bike!! !

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 9:29 pm

Never happened to me, I think.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 9:43 pm

I've been in an ambulance twice, both times for passing out (although there have been other times).

The first time was when I was seventeen and I was riding my bike. I have a friend who lives in another section of the neighborhood, but they're only one street over from me. But the weird thing is, even when I had barely started riding my bike, I was already beginning to feel very dizzy- by the end of my courtyard. I wasn't sick and it wasn't that hot out. Well, by the time I had gotten to my friend's house, I could hardly see from blacking out so much, my ears were ringing very loudly, and I kept feeling like my head was basically going to fall off of me. Well, turns out, my friend wasn't home. So I sat on their porch for a few minutes to rest a bit and then started heading home. I made it about halfway between his street and mine before passing out in some grass by the sidewalk. (Since I was riding my bike so slowly by that point, I didn't get hurt.) One of the people in my friend's section found me when I was barely awake. He called the ambulance and took my bike back to my house for me. This was my second time going to the hospital for a medical reason (The first time was due to an extreme reaction to fireants when I was one and a half.). At the hospital, everyone was very nice to me. I got an exquisite plate of food for my troubles and I had an IV, which totally hurt since they kept missing my vain. I stayed until early that evening in the ER.

The second time was not too long after I turned eighteen. I was walking around the neighborhood in the snow when I got dizzy and passed out for, I believe, a few hours. Once again, I was barely awake when someone was nice enough to take me to their house. They gave me food and got me warmed up before calling an ambulance. Once I got to the hospital, they immediately checked to see if I had frostbite since I was still quite frozen. Luckily I didn't. Not really too much happened while I was there this time since it was very, very busy. I went home late that evening.

I have passed out more than those two times, but those were the only times I had ever been to the ER for doing so.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:58 pm

Mine's a little personal, I might share it later.

Not suicide related though, I suppose it kind of sounds that way.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 9:00 pm

Numerous and numerous times and very personal.

Two were due to seizures. Didn't know what was going on or what had happened.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 9:18 pm

3 times
The most gruesome was when a car drove into the side of my motorbike, pushing my leg between the engine and high level exhaust, my leg was actually hanging and winging around a little way above the ankle.
They put a plastic see-through blow up splint on my leg, when I looked at it, it looked like somebody had just been shopping at the butchers and was taking thier meat home, all red flesh and blood, with bones sticking out, didnt look like a leg ijn there at all.

1st ride was when I crashed during a National Championship cycle race, broke my arm and collarbone, that was a long and painfull ride over many bumpy roads before we got to the hospital.

Its great having the sirens and blue light flashing just for you, makes you feel kind of special.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2008, 9:25 pm

Nambo wrote:
3 times
The most gruesome was when a car drove into the side of my motorbike, pushing my leg between the engine and high level exhaust, my leg was actually hanging and winging around a little way above the ankle.
They put a plastic see-through blow up splint on my leg, when I looked at it, it looked like somebody had just been shopping at the butchers and was taking thier meat home, all red flesh and blood, with bones sticking out, didnt look like a leg ijn there at all.

1st ride was when I crashed during a National Championship cycle race, broke my arm and collarbone, that was a long and painfull ride over many bumpy roads before we got to the hospital.

Its great having the sirens and blue light flashing just for you, makes you feel kind of special.
yeah, it may eel special, it still hurts thouh! I Was hit 3 weeks ago. im terrified of cars now!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 10:40 am

I was never in an ambulance. Never even got to look into one. (Except in a movie.)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 2:14 pm

Nambo wrote:
...when I looked at it, it looked like somebody had just been shopping at the butchers...

Ugh...I wouldn't be able to look at it. Even when I had an ingrown toenail worked on, I was way too chicken to take a peek until it had healed for about a week.

Not to mention after the anaesthetic wore off, it felt like someone had gone at it with a hammer :x

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2008, 2:20 pm

deleted

Last edited by burnse22 on 10 May 2008, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 2:43 pm

Twice, two 'suicide attempts' :D
it was more like i wussed out :lol:
dont have the guts to
8)
for life has meaning to mean
and that is: :lol:
to destroy it :twisted:
:wink: