Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SidTheHugRat
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2008, 11:26 pm

This is SidTheHugRat. You have to guess what my old username is. You probably know me, very well.

Sid. :O)

08 May 2008, 11:54 pm

Why the new name? What happened with CockneyRebel?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 12:04 am

CockneyRebel, having a secondary account is not allowed, not unless by freak chance you've lost the password to your old one.

On sabbatical...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 4:22 am

I didn't know that wasn't allowed. When I've reached an earlier milestone, someone suggested that I open an account, under a different name, but that person was probably not a Moderator. I wonder if we could compromise by me posting under this account, with the new name, of if that wouldn't be possible. If I can't than I'll keep using a rank title and signature that's related to Sid. After all, little Sid is a Cockney Rebel, as well. Thank you for pointing that out for me. :O)

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 4:40 am

hi cockneyrebel, i hadn't heard from you in a while, sorry to say but yea its in the terms of service about multiple account opening, nice to see you again :D

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 7:12 am

Rules are Rules.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 8:33 am

Some can be broken and some can't. This one can't. :O)

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 2:32 am

But like what they gonna do, ban CockneyRebel from wrongplanet?

Even an athiest would call that heresy.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 6:39 am

JerryHatake wrote:
Rules are Rules.

but its every citizen's (of WP) responsibility to practice civil disobedience in respect of bad laws and rules :P

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:57 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
Rules are Rules.

but its every citizen's (of WP) responsibility to practice civil disobedience in respect of bad laws and rules :P

...and if your subjective opinion of what constitutes "bad" should be at odds with that of the majority of (the moderators on) WP, you may expect to cease to be a citizen (of WP).

I didn't dream up the rules. I'm pretty surprised at how well they work.

This "one account only" rule is one that makes even more sense on WP than it does elsewhere. Aside from the fact that it is usually done in order to misuse a board, which is absolutely NOT the case with CockneyRebel and SidTheHugRat, I find it hard enough to associate one name with a person.

The same consideration applies even if someone "merely" wished to change their username. Although superficially that is easy to do, it won't change any places where the user has been referred to in other posts (or even where they have been quoted, with this software). Confusion. Not good.

A bunch of other reasons:
  • Extra load on WP.
  • PM space.
  • PMs need to be checked in two places.
  • False impression of member count.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 1:48 pm

I'm not objecting to this particular rule.

but

I can remember a time when people on wrongplanet used to joke around about stuff.

That was a big part of the reason for coming here.

As if CockneyRebel or Bazza could ever be a threat to the character of this place and they need to be scolded to be kept in line.

-Malvina

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 1:55 pm

lau wrote:
BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
Rules are Rules.

...and if your subjective opinion of what constitutes "bad" should be at odds with that of the majority of (the moderators on) WP, you may expect to cease to be a citizen (of WP).

I didn't dream up the rules. I'm pretty surprised at how well they work.

This "one account only" rule is one that makes even more sense on WP than it does elsewhere. Aside from the fact that it is usually done in order to misuse a board, which is absolutely NOT the case with CockneyRebel and SidTheHugRat, I find it hard enough to associate one name with a person.

The same consideration applies even if someone "merely" wished to change their username. Although superficially that is easy to do, it won't change any places where the user has been referred to in other posts (or even where they have been quoted, with this software). Confusion. Not good.

A bunch of other reasons:
  • Extra load on WP.
  • PM space.
  • PMs need to be checked in two places.
  • False impression of member count.

What if they have multiple personality disorder, my girlfriend has that, its like going to bed with a different women every night 8O
unfortunately all of them are kinda bitchy

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 2:53 pm

spudnik wrote:
What if they have multiple personality disorder, my girlfriend has that, its like going to bed with a different women every night 8O
unfortunately all of them are kinda bitchy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 8:57 pm

lau wrote:

good v bad is always subjective - its how it makes you feel.

If you have multiple accounts for mischevious reasons or use them to spam and harass, then IMHO the moderators would be right in taking some action about it. If its harmless, then what's the big deal?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 9:06 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
lau wrote:

good v bad is always subjective - its how it makes you feel.

If you have multiple accounts for mischevious reasons or use them to spam and harass, then IMHO the moderators would be right in taking some action about it. If its harmless, then what's the big deal?

So, by all accounts, if killing people makes you feel good, you do it?

On sabbatical...

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 9:11 pm

Quatermass wrote:
So, by all accounts, if killing people makes you feel good, you do it?

First you gotta get elected.

-Malvina