Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Starscream
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2008, 7:45 pm

i'd just be happy with retro meself, but sadly all what the games industry has become is now a money grabbing plot, where care is rarely taken with games, plus i agree putting Sonic into 3D was a unforgiveable mistake, i only went with owning a Wii mainly cause i knew i'd end up playing more retro games then modern lol

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2008, 8:41 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
Starscream wrote:
to me i think sega went downhill waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they even went from being a hardware house to a 3rd party developer, the flops of the Mega/Sega CD,32X, Saturn and Dreamcast did them no favors, plus i also agree that sega have kind of lost that game making magic(if you will) if you look at games like 360 sonic, Sonic Heroes, Shadow The Hedgehog, and even that half arsed GBA port of the 1st Sonic The Hedgehog game, should be enough to show they have really gone downhill as of late

I reckon the only thing Sega did wrong was putting the Hedgehog in 3D. However, Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favourite games.

I wish 32-bit and 16-bit gaming would come back. Games are too complex these days.

I think Sega Should Remake all the 16 bit games and just make them in Nex Gen graphics and sonic with his updated look and the music with real instruments. Have the exact same stage and back ground for instance the clouds make them look like real clouds that would bring them up wouldn't it?

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 10:17 pm

Shenzie wrote:
Kezzstar wrote:
Starscream wrote:
to me i think sega went downhill waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they even went from being a hardware house to a 3rd party developer, the flops of the Mega/Sega CD,32X, Saturn and Dreamcast did them no favors, plus i also agree that sega have kind of lost that game making magic(if you will) if you look at games like 360 sonic, Sonic Heroes, Shadow The Hedgehog, and even that half arsed GBA port of the 1st Sonic The Hedgehog game, should be enough to show they have really gone downhill as of late

I reckon the only thing Sega did wrong was putting the Hedgehog in 3D. However, Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favourite games.

I wish 32-bit and 16-bit gaming would come back. Games are too complex these days.

I think Sega Should Remake all the 16 bit games and just make them in Nex Gen graphics and sonic with his updated look and the music with real instruments. Have the exact same stage and back ground for instance the clouds make them look like real clouds that would bring them up wouldn't it?

I've always tried to imagine the 2d world of Sonic the Hedgehog for SMS II turned 3D.

But 2D games have always been a lot better.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2008, 10:36 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
Shenzie wrote:
Kezzstar wrote:
Starscream wrote:

I've always tried to imagine the 2d world of Sonic the Hedgehog for SMS II turned 3D.

But 2D games have always been a lot better.
It would still be 2D just everything looks real your still playing 2D controls just the grass looks like real grass the waterfalls look like real waterfalls you know.