Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 10:17 pm

It first developed about 5 years ago and I tried removing it myself by taking a pair of tweezers, lifting it a little and slicing the base of it with a sterilized exacto knife. Seemed to work for a while but then it grew back. A few months later, a second one appeared just above it.

I'm concerned because it's got an irregular shape, it's light brown with tiny pore-sized dark brown or black spots that can be scraped off with my fingernail.

I talked to my PCP about it and he took a look and said they were just typical moles but he's not the kind of doctor to really listen to my concerns. It's possible that I could just be worrying about nothing - just making mountains out of mole-hills (pun intended).

I just tried taking the bigger one off again but the cheap pair of tweezers I have doesn't have enough grip to them.

I just want them gone.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 10:32 pm

http://www.ehow.com/how_2039052_remove- ... rally.html

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 1:21 pm

I e-mailed my dermatologist and he says to have it professionally removed and biopsied to see if it is or is not malignant.

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 2:19 pm

digger1 wrote:
I e-mailed my dermatologist and he says to have it professionally removed and biopsied to see if it is or is not malignant.

QFT

rottenlittleboys
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 May 2008, 6:59 pm

Yesss, have it examined and biopsied. My brother and dad went through skin cancer so I am always leary of such things.

Please take care.