Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:10 pm

Then I am Really Pissed off at him! :evil:
The reason is the fact that he f****d up the plans I made for my life some 10+ years ago. I had planned out my life and had worked hard to make that plan work but it didnt :? . Its my life, not Gods. For those who say I shouldnt blame God, then maybe God isnt as powerful as people think he is. NOTHING mmakes me more unhappy in this life than when I am not in control of where I stand and what happens to me :x

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 5:20 pm

I've had a saying for years...

I'm pretty certain that God exists.
Less certain as to whether he's friendly or not (or if he even notices us).

Unless your plan included blowing up churches, I can't really see why God would care enough to wreak it. You can blame God if you want, but it's probably time to move on and give things another shot from a different direction.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 6:01 pm

it's best to operate as if god doesn't exist. that way, in your mind, you have no second chances. no maybes. no afterlife. this is your shot. don't waste it.

johnpipe108
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2008, 6:15 pm

I've been there, felt that, "can see where you're hangin', can feel where you've been ..."

Catch-22: we're all God, forgetting himself in so many forms ...

Bom Shankar Bholenath,

Johnpipe

Bom Shankar Bholenath! I do not "have a syndrome", nor do I "have a disorder," I am a "Natural Born Scholar!"

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 9:21 pm

It's not your life. Nothing in this world is yours. There is nothing in this world that you want.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 11:29 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
The reason is the fact that he f**** up the plans I made for my life some 10+ years ago. I had planned out my life and had worked hard to make that plan work but it didnt :? . Its my life, not Gods. For those who say I shouldnt blame God, then maybe God isnt as powerful as people think he is. NOTHING mmakes me more unhappy in this life than when I am not in control of where I stand and what happens to me :x

LOL, god or not, you did half of that to yourself.

MaterialDefender
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2008, 2:50 am

This is all assuming we actually have free will and that, if there is a god, he/it has free will too 8O

Edit: Opps, I think this is kind of out of place.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 10:59 am

D1nk0 wrote:
The reason is the fact that he f**** up the plans I made for my life some 10+ years ago. I had planned out my life and had worked hard to make that plan work but it didnt :? . Its my life, not Gods. For those who say I shouldnt blame God, then maybe God isnt as powerful as people think he is. NOTHING mmakes me more unhappy in this life than when I am not in control of where I stand and what happens to me :x

You need to learn how to abide, how to relinquish, and how to surrender. You can't control everything. Let go and let God. And take a Ritalin while you're at it.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 1:39 pm

slowmutant wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:

You need to learn how to abide, how to relinquish, and how to surrender. You can't control everything. Let go and let God. And take a Ritalin while you're at it.

Im taking concerta, thats good enough aint it? :lol:
Man plans, God laughs :roll: . I dont even believe in that Guy :P

MissConstrue wrote:
LOL, god or not, you did half of that to yourself.

Ooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :roll: . So what exactly is that praytell?

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 3:17 pm

To take from Evan Almighty - If you pray for courage, God does just give you courage, he gives you the opportunity to be courageous.

As a pantheist, I don't necessarily believe that, but it still holds a great spiritual significance to me. The forces in the universe (however you label them) don't control you, they don't guide you, rarely do they even point out a direction to you: this life is yours to make of it what you want. When an opportunity comes your way, you either take it or you don't, but it's always your choice. Luck of the draw also exists of course, but you cannot blame luck - you can only blame yourself for not dealing with an unlucky situation.

It all boils down to this D1nk0:

You want control of your life, you want your life to go a certain way.
When that didn't happen, your narcissism took hold and you needed someone else to blame.
Nothing you do is ever wrong, is it?
You blame God, thinking that somehow he's responsible for your life's misfortune.

What you must realize that with control, there is responsibility.
When you make a decision, the results of that decision lay on your shoulders.
When you deny responsibility for your actions, you wallow in your problems.
When you accept responsibility for your actions, you can fix the problem.