Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 7:00 pm

has anyone who has got this had the freeze problems,anyone had the freezing on a newer xbox?
also,will these problems now mean that they will not put anymore copies out on sale till the fix is found and they make new copies?

if they are still going to be sold,am wondering whether to get a copy this/next week because of the freezing,should have got a copy last week but every shop had sold out of it.
dad said to wait till the problem is sorted,but am have been waiting for this game for so long,it's too difficult to not risk.

what is it with rockstar/take2 and disc unreliability anyway?
it had the same problems with Bully on the xbox,and with GTA san andreas on new/thin ps.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 7:11 pm

I've been hearing a lot about this. The effects of the freezing seem to be very random at this point. Some people don't experience them, while others have unplayable games.

I have the PS3 version. I've only run into fatal freezes about three times since getting the game on launch. Once in single player(got stuck in a ladder) and twice on loading multiplayer.

An update patch was released not long ago to address some issues with multiplayer, but from what I've heard, it generally didn't help much.

I haven't heard anything about the sale of the games being put on hold for a updated version.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 7:34 pm

Zara wrote:
I've been hearing a lot about this. The effects of the freezing seem to be very random at this point. Some people don't experience them, while others have unplayable games.

I have the PS3 version. I've only run into fatal freezes about three times since getting the game on launch. Once in single player(got stuck in a ladder) and twice on loading multiplayer.

An update patch was released not long ago to address some issues with multiplayer, but from what I've heard, it generally didn't help much.

I haven't heard anything about the sale of the games being put on hold for a updated version.

Thanks Zara,

it sounds worth the risk if it's random,no other way to know than to try.

have read that it has scratched a lot of discs as well as freezing-have noticed any on own ps3 disc?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2008, 8:22 pm

I have been playing the game on 360 since the day it came out and have not had a single freeze, just a moment of lag when a lot of stuff was going on.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 8:32 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
Zara wrote:

Thanks Zara,

have read that it has scratched a lot of discs as well as freezing-have noticed any on own ps3 disc?

I'd say your odds are pretty good of you not running into any fatal errors that will keep you from playing. The game does have a good auto-save, so even in the case the game gets stuck, you won't lose much progress.

My disc is clean as a mirror. I plan on keeping it that way. (Learned the hard way with San Andreas...)

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2008, 9:40 pm

Zara wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
Zara wrote:

Thanks Zara,

I'd say your odds are pretty good of you not running into any fatal errors that will keep you from playing. The game does have a good auto-save, so even in the case the game gets stuck, you won't lose much progress.

My disc is clean as a mirror. I plan on keeping it that way. (Learned the hard way with San Andreas...)

My Xbox copy has frozen a couple of times (It seems to happen when theres lots happening onscreen) but you're right about the autosave - the freezing is more of an occasional inconvenience than anything else.