Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Oct 2005, 6:36 am

I can hear colour, but then I am a bat.

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Oct 2005, 9:16 am

I have synesthesia for all of my sense. Any stimuli that comes in generate some visual effect. My memory is all visual. If i think about an odour i smelled yesterday for example, it comes back to my consiousness as a colored shape. I can recognize it though cause the specific visual associated with a specific stimuli never change.

Does proprioception distortion is considered a synesthesia ?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:42 am

coyote wrote:
I have synesthesia for all of my sense. Any stimuli that comes in generate some visual effect. My memory is all visual. If i think about an odour i smelled yesterday for example, it comes back to my consiousness as a colored shape. I can recognize it though cause the specific visual associated with a specific stimuli never change.

Does proprioception distortion is considered a synesthesia ?

This is evidence of very rare mutations in the sensory area of the brain, or maybe these people just like to roll around in nuclear waste. I don't know if this would qualify as a handicap or some kind of superpower. Would hearing colours be a help or a hindrance?

What about tasting emotions? :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 7:43 am

I'm feeling high, and I can hear blue, from a distance. :lol:

Brainsforbreakfast
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2008, 9:11 am

Well, that stuff can happen to on certain halicunogens..

Well, I had a trip, once and that's also the last time I will,

but I could taste music 8O

And after that, I knew exactly why I disliked a certain band..because they tasted like eww iron :lol:

There was also some other weird things with my senses.. like I became an uberaspie, it was actualy quite..intresting in a certain way, I think I gifured out a bit how my brain works..

Annyhow, here's my disclaimer for this post: I don't support drug use, legal or illegal, by anyone on this forum. Drugs can do bad bad things to you if you are not carefull. Don't sue me, because I told you so.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

Hey Slowmutant

how you find this thread? its an oldie,
searching my past posts or something?

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2008, 10:58 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:
Hey Slowmutant

how you find this thread? its an oldie,
searching my past posts or something?

Old threads get ressurected because when someone is interested in something they "Search" the concept or keywords and see if there are any threads on it, before posting it themselves.

I know because I've done this myself.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:13 pm

Brainsforbreakfast wrote:
Well, that stuff can happen to on certain halicunogens..

Well, I had a trip, once and that's also the last time I will,

but I could taste music 8O

And after that, I knew exactly why I disliked a certain band..because they tasted like eww iron :lol:

There was also some other weird things with my senses.. like I became an uberaspie, it was actualy quite..intresting in a certain way, I think I gifured out a bit how my brain works..

Annyhow, here's my disclaimer for this post: I don't support drug use, legal or illegal, by anyone on this forum. Drugs can do bad bad things to you if you are not carefull. Don't sue me, because I told you so.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if LSD actually opens up senses that have been "buried" by evolution. It's been proposed that people who can see sound, taste color, and etc actually are gifted with "senses" that early man had but that have been bred out of us. I once read an interview with an aspie woman who said that she could sense the movement of electricity through the wires in the walls, and the oscillation of flourescent lights, and that sometimes it distracted her. She could also sense people near her or wanting to touch her before they did, and that it was painful.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:43 pm

That was an interesting article.
I might have something like this.
For a long time now I have noticed that certain sounds will cause a colorized pattern to flash in my mind's eye. Didn't think of it as odd until a couple years ago when I really started to think about it.
My working theory was that somehow a sudden noise triggered a mass firing of my neurons, making see a random pattern momentarily.
Well from this, it could also be possible that my visual and audio nerves might be crossed at some point.
I should try recording these patterns just to associate them with the sounds that trigger them.