I just had a funny Aspie moment!! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

redroseuptown
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 May 2008, 2:20 am

I was checking out a WP member's myspace page. Then I noticed that among his few friends was a cute, dark-haired one. I was like, let me check this one's webpage and find out more about him. So I go there and he seems to have a lot of interests. I debate whether to contact him, to maybe just say hi, I think you're really cute [but I don't seriously consider doing that because it's rarely ever appropriate social behavior, even online, as I've learned through some recent experiences]. Then I go to his stats. Under occupation, it says President, myspace. I am like, yeah right, is this for real?, he's probably joking. Then I look at the rest of his page and then realize that it's true. It was then that I understood why his friend count was over two hundred thousand. :oops: [Yeah, Tom, you're cute. If you're ever in my part of the country and I'm sure you are, contact me. Maybe we could practice appropriate social skills.] :lol:

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 3:06 am

So you're dating President Bush?

Sorry - I could't resist. I have 'Aspie moments' too! Someone just wrote me, saying she had been working the graveyard shift. I don't really know her, just that she's a grad student. Anyway, I thought she was...working in a graveyard.

13 May 2008, 9:19 am

I would guess you don't have a myspace if you didn't know who Tom was.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:49 am

XD Out of all the cute guys on MySpace you considered contacting Tom? I didn't even think he'd be considered that attractive....

And BTW, somepeople actually find it totally acceptable to get messaged by someone saying "Hey there, you look cute and/or seem cool, do you want to chat?" Granted if they're in a relationship you probably wouldn't want to call them cute. But just say they seem interesting and you'd like to talk to them. Totally fine for a lot of people--who have under 5,000 friends, anyway.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 10:25 pm

haha. that's great.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2008, 9:56 am

Veresae wrote:
And BTW, somepeople actually find it totally acceptable to get messaged by someone saying "Hey there, you look cute and/or seem cool, do you want to chat?"

Really? I always thought that was totally rude. I have no idea what to say back to people who just say "Hi" on myspace. So I usually don't say anything back. (Yes, I only have a myspace to keep in touch with one person).

16 May 2008, 8:04 pm

I don't see how that is an aspie moment. Someone please explain?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 9:58 pm

silly_rabbi wrote:
Really? I always thought that was totally rude. I have no idea what to say back to people who just say "Hi" on myspace. So I usually don't say anything back. (Yes, I only have a myspace to keep in touch with one person).

If you only have it to keep in touch with one person then no wonder you think it's rude. :P I like getting messages from random people, and I know plenty of others who also like it. Unless you really don't like the person's profile, or they seem really unappealing.

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2008, 5:17 am

Veresae wrote:
If you only have it to keep in touch with one person then no wonder you think it's rude. :P I like getting messages from random people, and I know plenty of others who also like it. Unless you really don't like the person's profile, or they seem really unappealing.

When I had it set as public I would get random emails from "Bob" in Kalamazoo, MI talking about how cool I was and not starting a conversation. I can talk to random internet people on the social networking sites if they open up with "I saw that you like x, so do I. What do you think about y?" I guess small talk bewilders me, and I have no clue how to progress from "hi". Hmph. Something else I have to work on (I was thinking it was a "no one knows how to talk anymore" problem *grin*).

redroseuptown
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2008, 11:48 pm

I don't know. He just seemed cute. I considered it an Aspie moment because a NT person would have figured out who he was long before I did. It's nice to know that at least some people like and accept compliments like that. I actually don't have a myspace page. Even online, I feel left out when it comes to socializing and making friends but right now I don't care about that.

By the way V, where did you find that unique picture of the dark-headed couple in your avatar? It's disturbing yet fascinating. I wish I looked like her. I guess I do a little bit. On a side note, where are all the myspace cuties you mentioned? The few times I've been there, I didn't see any cuties, only a few pretty females in the friends list. :?

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 11:48 am

I was in France once and a friend put on a song called 'Fiancée de l'eau', so I asked her what fiancée meant.

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 2:41 pm

redroseuptown wrote:
I don't know. He just seemed cute. I considered it an Aspie moment because a NT person would have figured out who he was long before I did. It's nice to know that at least some people like and accept compliments like that. I actually don't have a myspace page. Even online, I feel left out when it comes to socializing and making friends but right now I don't care about that.

By the way V, where did you find that unique picture of the dark-headed couple in your avatar? It's disturbing yet fascinating. I wish I looked like her. I guess I do a little bit. On a side note, where are all the myspace cuties you mentioned? The few times I've been there, I didn't see any cuties, only a few pretty females in the friends list. :?

Heheh. It is a funny little story, so it's all good.

I actually found this picture on, ironically enough, MySpace! You see, there are some profiles by 30+ year old goth ladies that never have their actual pictures, but rather use goth art as avatars. And there are these big congregations that have all added each other and leave each other comments that are basically just pictures of goth art with sparkly words saying things like "Have a nice weekend!" or "Just dropping by to say Hi!" (Note that not all 30+ year old goth ladies do this, but there's several particular, large online congregations of those that do on MySpace. Heh.) Anyway, I found the picture this way--I stumbled upon it while looking through some of these comments going "Woah kewl artwerks!" It's kind of horrible though because the pictures are rarely credited to the original artists, so for some of them one never gets to find out who painted or drew them. Oftentimes the person who commented with it doesn't know who the artist was either, because they weren't told by the person who gave it to them in THEIR comment!

As for cute myspace guys, I myself probably don't have too many added because most of my friends are female. But there are definitely some out there if you do some searching.

Just as long as you don't find Jefree Starr cute. That guy is the male equivalent of Tilla Tequila. D: