Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:04 pm

Sid. :O) You've had a Sid moment. :)

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:36 pm

My grandma always goes to the van that looks like our old one, blue mini van with wave-like decals, they seem to be in large amounts in my city...

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2008, 9:15 am

I used to drive by my house all the time... if the roommates cars weren't in the drveway...

Losing the car in the parking lot is a common experience as well... I like disney's parking system, where the lot sections are named after the characters... more parking lots need to be named by section....

also I think my cat is nose-deaf (or whatever you call this) because he could never find his way back to our apartment.... he would get out... then I would have to go find him at the next apartment over (which had the same layout) sitting at the door that would be mine if he was in the right building....

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 9:23 am

... I'm glad I'm not that dopey.

I'm not in the habit of getting lost.
But when I get to a place that should be familiar and it most certainly isn't.... the "should be familiar" tends to reprogram my mind into accepting the new appearance as "more valid" than the old one.... so I don't really have difficulty dealing with the difference.

Heck... if it weren't for that, I'd panic every year when the leaves fell off the trees along the road, and again when the blossoms came back.

Besides, the real navigation ability is something that operates independant of my sight... more along the lines of a knowledge of how far and in which directions I have to walk to get to where I'm supposed to be at my normal speed. If it doesn't look right then sure, it might be odd, but my knowing precisely where I am couldn't possibly be wrong.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2008, 9:29 am

I've taken the wrong turning so I was in a street parallel to the one on which I live, got to number 21 and stood there for some minutes thinking, "Why isn't that my house?"

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 10:30 am

I do stuff like that aswell. :-) I'm constantly forgetting where a store in the mall is and I go from one end of the mall to the other 2-3 times LOL! :-)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 12:06 pm

Why this in the General autism dicussion?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 12:20 pm

Entering another dimension topic

When I had these incidences and was aware of them (recently), I thought I was having an early senior moment. But then I remembered doing this as a kid. Perhaps this is similar to facial blindness. If a house is not exactly the same every time then it becomes strange and you could pass it by. :o This is akin to "Not exactly as shown." And the house numbers are not always visible.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2008, 12:47 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Why this in the General autism dicussion?

Is there a reason why it shouldn't be?