Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2008, 2:25 am

No, this isn't about drugs, its something else...

I really want to see her again. I met her a couple weeks ago at the library and we talked for awhile. I got her e-mail and I gave mine and my number. She e-mailed me and we kept a sort of correspondence. She called one night and we talked but she had to hang up suddenly.

Why, you ask?
Well, her father is to put it bluntly insane.
He lectures her about schoolwork for no apparent reason sometimes, she says he bursts through the door sometimes just to lecture. Her friends, including myself are afraid to call, because he actually listens in on the other line 8O
I only have her home phone, I asked for her cell in my last e-mail. She hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks due to the sheer amount of work she has due to AP testing.
Oh, it isn't like she enjoys this. She hates this lifestyle an I don't blame. I seem to make her feel good and she does the same for me. I want to hear her again, to make sure she's okay. Even an e-mail will help. I'm going crazy.

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2008, 2:51 am

You should consider taking an initiative in meeting him. As soon as he knows you're courting his daughter, he'll want to meet you, and he'll be upset if he finds out you've been talking to her for a month. First impressions are important.

He could be as over-protective as Hollywood dads, but I doubt it. Talk to her about it, and keep in mind that she'll probably exaggerate his insanity.