Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:09 pm

I feel so sad! My mom was going to take meto the orthodbntists, so while I was waiting in the car, I noticed these two lizards sittingon a rock. so I went to investigate them. when I got there I saw a blackwidow!! and I didn't want it to get the lizards so i tried to turn the rock over on it. instead the rock went backwards and caught the zliard! It's Eye had popped out, and I was so upset! i showed it to my mom and she said it ws probably playing dead. but when I got back from the orthdontists it was still there, covered in ants! I'm a Horrible Person!! !!

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:17 pm

Its good that you care about animals but if it was just an accident you shouldn't get yourself too worked up over it :(

There are a lot of people who intentionally kill animals for entertainment Shades...

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:21 pm

Ooooooh the humanity! I mean, beastiality!

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:39 pm

hehe. crazy...

I reckon that lizard went to RADA... It felt the need for the ants to make its role more believable.

The blackwidow probably doesn't like lizards - it might have killed them already.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:51 pm

I saw a pigion get run over by a truck this past weekend. It sucked. I have decided that his name was Jacob, and I think of him and feel bad almost every day since.

RIP Jacob :cry:

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:54 pm

Death doesn't bug me.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:07 pm

There have also been several dead squirrels in my neighborhood recently. one of which was in april right before my Grammy died. it ws raining and he was in the road, and I'm CERTAIN it was my friend Mr.Squirrel same black triangle on tummy too. so I scooped him up and burried him in the rain. :cry:

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:02 pm

I remember when I was about 9, during the fall, I began collecting probably close to a hundred woolly caterpillars and for about a day I kept them in this old fish tank we had (don't worry, no water) so I could study and play with them and just see how many there were. Well, I was sitting on the driveway in front of my caterpillar tank and had quite a few out and as my legs started falling asleep I shifted my position and crushed one of the caterpillars.

I cried for about an hour. I still feel really bad.

I feel bad for you, Shades. I know how it is. And no one can say anything really to make you feel better.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:04 pm

This thread makes me feel heartless, I could really care less about the death of animals unless I'm emotionally attached to them. :? Same goes for people.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:08 pm

I always feel for animals. It wrecks me. But I don't really feel for people unless I know them or know somebody who knows them, etc.

I find it rather ironic that I don't have the inclination to become a Zoologist instead. Hmmm...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 11:10 pm

Sophist wrote:
I remember when I was about 9, during the fall, I began collecting probably close to a hundred woolly caterpillars and for about a day I kept them in this old fish tank we had (don't worry, no water) so I could study and play with them and just see how many there were. Well, I was sitting on the driveway in front of my caterpillar tank and had quite a few out and as my legs started falling asleep I shifted my position and crushed one of the caterpillars.

I cried for about an hour. I still feel really bad.

I feel bad for you, Shades. I know how it is. And no one can say anything really to make you feel better.

WOOLY BEARS! Omigosh. I know how you feel. I had pet woolies from 1st-3rd grade. I took care of thema nd always had them at school and loved them. I had many of them. I think I still have the bodies(as weird as that may seems) packed away somewhere. I couldn't bear to let them go. wanted to bury the lizard, but my mom said no. :cry:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 12:06 am

I know how you feel - I just hate that I have to do things like kill fire ants when they build their mound too close to my air conditioner (they are attracted to the electricity and will eat the wires) . . .
One time I hit a ferral cat on my property (cats and rats and sharks are the best animals) and felt so horrible - and he didn't die right away but was clearly mortally wounded and I had fed him and talked to him . . .

But the point is that no matter how bad we feel about these sorts of things they are accidents and whatever higher power or force you believe in will judge them as such . . . I think animals have souls so they are enjoying whatever afterlife is appropriate for them . . .

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 12:08 am

My mom almost ran over a wild bunn on the road the other day, we swereved and almost crashed. well maybe not crashed but you get the idea.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 12:10 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I feel so sad! My mom was going to take meto the orthodbntists, so while I was waiting in the car, I noticed these two lizards sittingon a rock. so I went to investigate them. when I got there I saw a blackwidow!! and I didn't want it to get the lizards so i tried to turn the rock over on it. instead the rock went backwards and caught the zliard! It's Eye had popped out, and I was so upset! i showed it to my mom and she said it ws probably playing dead. but when I got back from the orthdontists it was still there, covered in ants! I'm a Horrible Person!! !!

Do black widows kill lizards?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 12:15 am

well. I thought she might bite him... :oops:

Happeh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 1:09 am

Sorry but I think you blew it. ;(

How can you miss a spider with a rock and hit the lizard you were trying to save?

Are you uncoordinated?

Perhaps you wanted to hurt the lizard but you cannot admit it to yourself?