Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 9:59 pm

I've never craved just milk by itself. I love milk and cereal, chocolate milk, ice cream, and cheese. But now I just get milk from ice cream and cheese, I rarely get cereal anymore.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 10:08 pm

To me, milk is intended as a cooking ingredient. Never to be consumed by itself. :eew:

I've got a friend who drinks big glasses of it every day. I don't know how.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 10:41 pm

I do crave milk sometimes but not like I do water. I think I may be the only person in the entire world that is addicted to water. Makes me wonder what they put in it. 8O

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 11:42 pm

Milk does some interesting things when it's been expired and sitting in your fridge for a while. It tends to curdle.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2008, 5:07 am

Oh yes me too! Yesterday I was buying something and it came with a free flavoured milk. I knew I shouldn't drink it...but it looked so yummy. I drank it, and within a few hours I had slid down the autistic spectrum until I was in this fugue like state, walking around almost stoned avoiding people and flapping my right hand. There's definitely something to that GF/CF diet.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2008, 5:08 am

Milk revolts me.
I won't touch the stuff.

I just eat a lot of cheese... melted, and with the grease dabbed off with tissue paper. It has to be dried off and dabbed clean... as if it is even remotely shiny with fat, I won't touch it.

Milk is just.... ew.
The worst thing is that my .... "girlfriend" (more like an ex in residence) drinks a lot of milk and doesn't wash the glasses.... so I'm forced to scrub the damned things every time I see one lying around, and the sponge doesn't quite reach the base of the glass..... and there is NOTHING I can do about it... O_O;

*Coughs*

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 1:46 pm

I only crave it with certain foods...cakes, cookies, brownies, graham/animal crackers, spaghetti, etc.

After reading about the casien-free thing, I try to drink it a bit less, but I don't think I'll be able to cut back on cheese =/

I haven't been tested for it, though. I know I am supposed to be lactose intolerant, but all I've noticed is that too much yogurt (an entire cup) will make me sick.

I was supposed to be allergic to chocolate too, but that didn't kick in until high school. Now it'll give me a stomach ache if I eat too much.

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2008, 2:40 pm

I craved milk when I was growing up - humans are not supposed to drink so much milk from another mammal 8O

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 2:44 pm

I like milk, especially Skim Milk and 1%.

Since I don't drink it that often,
I love it with cereal, brownies, and cakes/pies.

Cheese and Ice Cream are great, just not together in one sitting.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 2:47 pm

I dislike the taste of milk.

qaliqo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2008, 2:56 pm

I can drink half a gallon a day, I fear ever being away from dairy for too long, and the UHT milk in the E.U. doesn't cut it, I most prefer unhomogenized organic milk. I know a lot of vegetarians who went vegan because of emergent lactose intolerance, so I don't doubt that many people incidentally develop intolerance from low exposure.

Not sure if milk is an Aspie thing or not, maybe. Still new to all of this, wondering if there is any benefit to being diagnosed, or if everyone would just act weird around me... Wrong Planet is a huge help, knowing that I am not the only fool on planet earth to think like me, or what "like me" even meant.

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2008, 2:58 pm

We drink raw milk, fresh from a cow. Well, refrigerated first. I love it. I also love cheese. Only my 8 yr old (as) will drink milk, also, but not nearly as often as I do and usually only if it's chocolate.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 4:30 pm

Now I'm craving a strawberry ice cream cone. And some strawberry yogurt bars. And strawberries. And a few jugs of milk. The craving is intense; I don't know what to do!

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 4:39 pm

I don't like milk at all.
I've tried to start drinking it in the past because it's suppost to be healthy.
But it's like drinking liquid fat ... not very tasty.
I like chocolate milk though, that has a nice taste to it.
It's the same with butter to me, i eat my bread with 48+ cheese, so why would i need an extra layer of fat with that ?

FleaCircus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2008, 2:05 am

i can only drink milk if there's milo or funtime(german brand) stirred in with it. but all milk is still pretty gross to me,
especially when they go all sour in your mouth after a few minutes.

oh how i crave a glass of milo right now! -drools-

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2008, 2:29 am

Only skim and only with cereal or cocoa. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed drinking plain milk, but I think I did when I was young.

By the way, hot cocoa is way better with a dash of chili powder and a tiny pinch of mace. Don't ever forget the salt, either.