Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Torak
Raven
Raven

24 Oct 2005, 3:21 pm

I certainly have sensitive hearing. I can hear many things other people can't. Electrics, certain insects. I also despise people singing or whistling as it feels most unpleasant and makes me very irritated very quickly (certainly if in an enclosed space).

I hate being touched, it is most unpleasant. I also have a very stong sense of smell. Eggs and seafood make me physically sick.

Also, even though I'm short sighted I am acutely aware of motion in my peripheral vision and where that motion is people I can (if in a bad mood) get agitated (and paranoid).

I get skin rashes all the time, very annoying (and itchy), but that is some kind of allergy I think (I'm not sure what to).

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2005, 3:41 pm

Yes, I can hear the buzz of the television as well. I think Scoots told us one time-- I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's some tube in the tv that gives of that sound. I think he said it's usually louder in older televisions.

For me, of course, it's harder to hear when the volume is up on the tv though. But I walk by my neighbors' apartments and I can tell if their television is on. Because of that high-frequency buzz.

And I don't just hear it. I can feel it, like in my inner ear and head. As though it's making them vibrate every slightly.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2005, 5:43 am

I completely agree. I get exactly the same thing-I get headaches due this heaps.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854