Page 8 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

21 May 2008, 8:30 am

SotiCoto wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
I'm not arguing! He STILL doesn't get it! I couldn't argue with him if I tried! I don't know if he SERIOUSLY doesn't get it, or just wants to push his agenda.

THAT is the crux of every freakin argument.

If you don't want to argue then stop trying to make him "get it".


HEY, HE was the one that kept pushing, and YOU brought it up again.

SotiCoto wrote:
It might not be a comfortable choice, but that really is the only way. The more that you press that sort of issue on someone, the more stubbornly they will resist. It doesn't matter how literally or objectively you're explaining it.... You're both trying to push your modus operandum on each other, while each defending against the other.

Haven't you done this enough to know by now?



Besides... I enjoy arguing, and want to argue, so I now officially declare both of you to be idiots who "don't get it".


VERY Funny! So NOW we are both supposed to argue with you? Is this the old "common enemy/enemy of my enemy is my friend approach? VERY funny!

ADMIT IT! You do this just to get a laugh, don't you. :lol: :wink:



SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
Location: London

22 May 2008, 11:33 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
HEY, HE was the one that kept pushing, and YOU brought it up again.

Keep pointing that finger and it'll go blunt.

Quote:
VERY Funny! So NOW we are both supposed to argue with you? Is this the old "common enemy/enemy of my enemy is my friend approach? VERY funny!

ADMIT IT! You do this just to get a laugh, don't you. :lol: :wink:

Yes.
I do.
What of it?



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

22 May 2008, 2:17 pm

SotiCoto wrote:
Quote:
ADMIT IT! You do this just to get a laugh, don't you. :lol: :wink:

Yes.
I do.
What of it?


OK, what part of :lol: :wink: don't you get?

:lol:



Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 436

22 May 2008, 7:05 pm

:lol: Oh so you thought I was biased because I'm like a quarter? I thought you had to be at least half to claim a race, that's why I said I'm white. So my quarter hispanic is biggoted towards my other 3 quarters??? That's priceless. I guess you had to settle for that because you were really counting on me admitting to being a hispanic immigrant.

Where did I say this country would be nothing without mexicans? I said contrary to your opinion that's based on an outdated stereotype, hispanics are generally very hard workers. If you're going to make offensive generalizations, at least pick one that's somewhat true. You act like laziness is an exclusively hispanic trait, and anyone who claims that laziness is found everywhere is the one being biased. That's a pretty desperate move there, but that's ok. You're only making yourself sound worse.



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

22 May 2008, 7:20 pm

SotiCoto wrote:
Quote:
ADMIT IT! You do this just to get a laugh, don't you. :lol: :wink:

Yes.
I do.
What of it?


OK, what part of :lol: :wink: don't you get?

:lol:



SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
Location: London

23 May 2008, 3:40 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
OK, what part of :lol: :wink: don't you get?

:lol:

I get that you're flashing stupid gif-based emoticons at me. Why you feel the inclination to do that, I don't know... People who express themselves in stupid little animations kinda bug me.



slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,430
Location: Ontario, Canada

23 May 2008, 5:43 am

Get used to it.

BUt if you ask nicely, people might understand.



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

23 May 2008, 6:46 am

SotiCoto wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
OK, what part of :lol: :wink: don't you get?

:lol:

I get that you're flashing stupid gif-based emoticons at me. Why you feel the inclination to do that, I don't know... People who express themselves in stupid little animations kinda bug me.


Well, I'm certainly not NT, but it IS an NT created thing to convey emotion or intent. In this case, I am trying to say I mean no ill will, and agree.

But, OK, I'll dispense with the cute graphics. I guess I should dispense with the following as well 8=) Ok, I will...



sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Age: 65
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,313
Location: The Castle of Shock and Awe-tism

23 May 2008, 9:20 am

Jerking on and off topic

Where is Pezar? And what is all this talk about ethnic groups? Jeepers, where is this arrogance going? Do not let it fizzle out!


_________________
Radiant Aspergian
Awe-Tistic Whirlwind

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo


SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
Location: London

23 May 2008, 10:42 am

slowmutant wrote:
Get used to it.

BUt if you ask nicely, people might understand.

f**k that for a lark.


2ukenkerl wrote:
Well, I'm certainly not NT, but it IS an NT created thing to convey emotion or intent. In this case, I am trying to say I mean no ill will, and agree.

But, OK, I'll dispense with the cute graphics. I guess I should dispense with the following as well 8=) Ok, I will...

I'm ok with the ASCII ones. They're fine. ^_^



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

23 May 2008, 4:25 pm

sartresue wrote:
Jerking on and off topic

Where is Pezar? And what is all this talk about ethnic groups? Jeepers, where is this arrogance going? Do not let it fizzle out!


Hey, Sartresue asked! Well, SOME people don't seem to know the difference between ethnic groups and race!

There are SO many ethnic groups, and MANY have seen bad times! I, for example, am part German(We ALL know how much has been said against THEM!), and part Irish(Look at some depression photos of stores that said "Irish need not apply", to see how THEY were treated)! HECK, my grandmother, who was Irish Catholic, was said to be ASHAMED and scretive because she thought she was part FRENCH. That gives you an idea of how THEY were thought of! MANY spoke Against Sinatra because hewas Italian, and their hatred of the french created a "family" that caused THEM to be hated!
Is there ANY ethnic group that has never been ridiculed or hated? I could name ones you would NEVER think anyone would ridicule, but they do!

Since some people KNOW they can't tell the TRUTH about an ETHNIC issue, they bring up RACE! And someone said some stuff was racist, and I simply said the truth. It WASN'T! Interestingly, I spoke of how some were possibly 100% white, and most others would be considered white, and he said he was unbiased because he was like 75% white, and didn't see how the ethnic views tainted his opinion. If he is white, THEY are, so even THAT claim made it clear it wasn't racist.

Anyway, I agree with you. Let's get back to the idea of appearance of arrogance, even though some would claim I seem pretty arogant with regard to this. Please realize where I lived(california), and the life there, etc... They EVEN have MALDEF!



Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 436

23 May 2008, 9:10 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Jerking on and off topic

Where is Pezar? And what is all this talk about ethnic groups? Jeepers, where is this arrogance going? Do not let it fizzle out!


Hey, Sartresue asked! Well, SOME people don't seem to know the difference between ethnic groups and race!

There are SO many ethnic groups, and MANY have seen bad times! I, for example, am part German(We ALL know how much has been said against THEM!), and part Irish(Look at some depression photos of stores that said "Irish need not apply", to see how THEY were treated)! HECK, my grandmother, who was Irish Catholic, was said to be ASHAMED and scretive because she thought she was part FRENCH. That gives you an idea of how THEY were thought of! MANY spoke Against Sinatra because hewas Italian, and their hatred of the french created a "family" that caused THEM to be hated!
Is there ANY ethnic group that has never been ridiculed or hated? I could name ones you would NEVER think anyone would ridicule, but they do!

Since some people KNOW they can't tell the TRUTH about an ETHNIC issue, they bring up RACE! And someone said some stuff was racist, and I simply said the truth. It WASN'T! Interestingly, I spoke of how some were possibly 100% white, and most others would be considered white, and he said he was unbiased because he was like 75% white, and didn't see how the ethnic views tainted his opinion. If he is white, THEY are, so even THAT claim made it clear it wasn't racist.

Anyway, I agree with you. Let's get back to the idea of appearance of arrogance, even though some would claim I seem pretty arogant with regard to this. Please realize where I lived(california), and the life there, etc... They EVEN have MALDEF!


Ever fill out any kind of application? When you check off which race you are, guess what one category is. Irish? No. German? No. American? C'mon, No. It's hispanic, or sometimes latino/latina, which is the same thing. You have to be half of whatever you check. I think they may have made some revisions so that people who aren't half of anything can check multiple boxes. This isn't my definition of racial categories, it's the officially recognised one. I already admited that the whole idea of race has too many mixed up interpretations and is not scientifically useful, so any biggotry looks the same to me regardless of what you believe about race versus ethnicity. But I think it's interesting that you seem to think that demeaning one specific group is perfectly justified because of how you think they can be categorized and because other groups experienced the same thing. Your grandmother most likely wouldn't have felt so ashamed if people weren't always batting negative and mostly false stereotypes back and forth in those days.

Also, I'm not ethnically biased because ethnically I am American. My parents were American, and so was my Chicano grandpa who was born and raised as an American. Even he couldn't speak Spanish. I know little more about their culture than any other alien culture. I look at them through American eyes and see a very different people. The people that I see, I don't know them and I don't speak their language. But I do see most of them as hard workers. Even if I had a good reason to be biased though, that doesn't mean my opinion of them as hard workers is untrue. You're only trying to use that as a distraction instead of coming up with any real arguments.



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

23 May 2008, 9:41 pm

Actually, the idea of hispanic on forms was put there during my lifetime, and probably for census and the like. It is generally ILLEGAL for an employer to ask, or to note, the race/etc... of a job applicant. If they are found to have done so, they can get into a lot of trouble.

Still, hispanics, ironically, can get preferred status in many things. I have seen many RFPs from the government(all levels), and government contractors that actually had a note that said in NO uncertain language that businesses that were owned by white males could NOT apply! Hispanics, even if white, COULD! YEP, YOU would probably qualify!

In my 6th grade class, they asked who was part indian(american indian). EVERYONE that said they were appeared white. They got special benefits.

BTW it is NOT unheard of for hispanics to say they are white!

I checked some schools I went to. SIMPLY because I was checking out a site I found, and curious about other stuff. They had a "race" section.(They listed all 4 major races, white, black, asian, indian, and HISPANIC) One of them is now listed as being nearly all hispanic! It was a BIG school. The others were in small areas, much farther north, and/or private, so you wouldn't expect them to be as hispanic.

Wikipedia says(My apologies for racist content. I just quoted):

Quote:
In his 1775 doctoral dissertation titled De generis humani varietate nativa (On the Natural Varieties of Mankind), Blumenbach outlined four main human races by skin color, namely Caucasian (white), Ethiopian (black), Native American (red), and Mongolian (yellow).

By 1795, Blumenbach added another race called 'Malay' which he considered to be a subcategory of both the Ethiopian and Mongoloid races. The Malay race were those of a "brown color, from olive and a clear mahogany to the darkest clove or chestnut brown." Blumenbach expanded the term "Malay" to include the inhabitants of the Marianas, the Philippines, the Malukus, Sundas, as well as Pacific Islands such as Tahitians. He considered a Tahitian skull he had received to be the missing link; showing the transition between the "primary" race, the Caucasians, and the "degenerate" race, the Negroids.

Blumenbach writes:

Malay variety. Tawny-coloured; hair black, soft, curly, thick and plentiful; head moderately narrowed; forehead slightly swelling; nose full, rather wide, as it were diffuse, end thick; mouth large. upper jaw somewhat prominent with the parts of the face when seen in profile, sufficiently prominent and distinct from each other. This last variety includes the islanders of the Pacific Ocean, together with the inhabitants of the Marianne, the Philippine, the Molucca and the Sunda Islands, and of the Malayan peninsula. I wish to call it the Malay, because the majority of the men of this variety, especially those who inhabit the Indian islands close to the Malacca peninsula, as well as the Sandwich, the Society, and the Friendly Islanders, and also the Malambi of Madagascar down to the inhabitants of Easter Island, use the Malay idiom.[2]



SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
Location: London

24 May 2008, 9:37 am

Both of you... quit that.

I've got the answer to your problems RIGHT HERE.



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,191

24 May 2008, 9:48 am

SotiCoto wrote:
Both of you... quit that.

I've got the answer to your problems RIGHT HERE.


ooops 8=) ;-/



Frosty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 160
Location: Twentytwo inches in front monitor.

24 May 2008, 12:56 pm

I had same problem

Try to be nicer more than you think you should basicallu kiss some ass it will work. :D

Also ditch caffeine it made me a demon and I said FU to st johns wort and sample paxil. :)

The new me is not aspi like but outgoing gregarious and people actually like me now. :lol:

also internet protocal requires a lot of emoticons and happy faces to get by, pretend it is oil in your engine then you will do fine. :)


_________________
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
-Sir Winston Churchill