The RSS feed is yielding double posts lots of them

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2014, 1:00 am

bcousins wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
I don't know what RSS is

Real Simple Syndication (I kid you not) - It's basically a way to push a news feed to a browser for easy reading and generally contains a link.

I hope you are not meaning a web browser. I have an RSS / Atom syndication browser on my Android phone called Sparse RSS. I got lots of feeds and it's easy to check on both news and new posts on various forums for both topic and thread. Pretty amazing if people understood the power that's at their fingertips.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 2:04 am

one1ai wrote:
I hope you are not meaning a web browser. I have an RSS / Atom syndication browser on my Android phone called Sparse RSS. I got lots of feeds and it's easy to check on both news and new posts on various forums for both topic and thread. Pretty amazing if people understood the power that's at their fingertips.

I did, actually - But that's because I am not up to date, nor interested in RSS.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 2:06 am

one1ai wrote:
bcousins wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
I don't know what RSS is

Real Simple Syndication (I kid you not) - It's basically a way to push a news feed to a browser for easy reading and generally contains a link.

Originally you used an rss reader on your browser, similar to the one you are using at your smartphone atm.

This was mostly done to keep up with several news outlets/websites latest news without having to visit them.

Rss readers have now moved to standalone apps on mobile devices yes.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 8:44 am

Does RSS function anything like the news feed on Facebook does?