Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

waitingforthesun7
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2008, 3:15 pm

To me, social interaction is unimportant. im very content by myself, at home, school, anywhere. i feel comfortable with myself, plus i feel as though no one else is on my "level". i dont see why i should stress myself to be social, if i dont feel like i relate to anyone in the first place. when i do make friends/associate with people, problems arise. my own internal problems, or sometimes just socail drama. im so much more content by myself, with my own thoughts and fantasies. nothing can beat that kind of happiness, the kind i feel when i know i dont need anyone else to satisfy me.

on the off chance i do find someone to connect with, i enjoy it very much, but i dont spend my time desiring it.

i have two friends who are important to me, but honestly i consider everyone else as aquaintences, people who dont matter.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 3:25 pm

I rarely meet anyone I can genuinely connect with and relate to. (see!? Your stupid human minds - stupid! stupid!*) I'm just waiting for the UFOs to come and take me home.

*Plan 9 from Outer Space, 1959 Ed Wood Productions

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2008, 3:50 pm

waitingforthesun7 wrote:
To me, social interaction is unimportant. im very content by myself, at home, school, anywhere. i feel comfortable with myself, plus i feel as though no one else is on my "level". i dont see why i should stress myself to be social, if i dont feel like i relate to anyone in the first place. when i do make friends/associate with people, problems arise. my own internal problems, or sometimes just socail drama. im so much more content by myself, with my own thoughts and fantasies. nothing can beat that kind of happiness, the kind i feel when i know i dont need anyone else to satisfy me.

on the off chance i do find someone to connect with, i enjoy it very much, but i dont spend my time desiring it.

i have two friends who are important to me, but honestly i consider everyone else as aquaintences, people who dont matter.

It's called not looking for trouble.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

waitingforthesun7
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2008, 3:53 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
waitingforthesun7 wrote:

It's called not looking for trouble.

so your saying that when one trys/ desires to be social, thats looking for trouble?
i dont see that...

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:29 pm

Getting involved with other people can cause all sorts of problems, but living life as a hermit can cause just as many.

I've tried not caring about the fact that I can't build relationships with other people, but being on my own all the time is as depressing as hell. Literally. However, if you really feel that social interaction isn't worth the trouble, then that's fine. Two friends are better than none, and I don't mean that in a patronising way.