Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 10:25 am

I would probaly get the Norton 2008. Symantec has really cleaned up its memory usage and now it only uses 11 MB. Its $40 w/ a 1 Year LiveUpdate subscription though you can get it for $17 on TigerDirect or EBay. The program also does everything for you and has the best Virus, Antispyware, and Malware Protection out there. After install you can pretend Norton isn't even there because it will do everything for you.

For a free program I'll pick Avast. Not as good but will give you basic protection.

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2008, 11:30 am

My sister had norton but it crashed her computer (she had no had no space after she downloaded the anti-virus) because it updated even with out her knowing. Then when she got it fixed I instilled AVG 7.5

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 11:47 am

@Fuzzy: you're welcome :)

gamefreak wrote:
I would probaly get the Norton 2008. Symantec has really cleaned up its memory usage and now it only uses 11 MB. Its $40 w/ a 1 Year LiveUpdate subscription though you can get it for $17 on TigerDirect or EBay. The program also does everything for you and has the best Virus, Antispyware, and Malware Protection out there. After install you can pretend Norton isn't even there because it will do everything for you.

11MB? wow, they really improved

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:02 pm

shugo974 wrote:
My sister had norton but it crashed her computer (she had no had no space after she downloaded the anti-virus) because it updated even with out her knowing. Then when she got it fixed I instilled AVG 7.5

No Disk Space, That is probably because of all the other stuff on the hard drive. Symantec only takes up about 100 MB [0.1 GB] of hard disk space. Even a computer I have that was 10 years old has a 6440MB Hard Drive. [6.4 GB] I would have probably get rid of useless junk and defragged the hard drive once a week.